• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poops only outside

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My 7 month old beardie only poops outside (on his harness) or in the bath!
Winter is coming to Canada soon! Will he poop in his viv when he really has to go?
He also will only eat Arugula and superworms, nothing else! Thanks.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
On one hand it is not a bad thing if they only poop in the bath or outside. It is easy to clean up. And keeps the viv nicer with deep down cleans less often.

I'd like to check your temps and UV lighting. Perhaps it is not hot enough....

What is your hot side temp?

And your cool side temp?

What are you using to measure your temps?

What is the make and model of your UV light?

How old is your UV light?

As far as eating, they getting picky every so often. Keep it up and offer new veggies/greens every so often. Eventually, he will tire of argula and want something different. Have you tried phoenix worms or roaches?

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Temps are 100F on hot side 85 cool side, lights off at night, cools down to about 68F.
Poops and eats daily, UV is new and good. Have tried Pheonix, horn, was, silk, etc.
Perfect poops be always outside, will he poop in the viv when he has too, in the winter?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Possibly, or he may continue to poop in his bath. Bernie only pooped in his bath. I didn't mind at all. On occasion, he would go in his viv. I preferred the bath. Easier cleanup!

It is not uncommon for a beardie to go outside of his/her viv. I understand your concerns with the cooler weather, but you have the regular bath. You may need to increase the bathing frequency if that is the only spot he will go.