• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poop problems still,

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
So Mars, my 7-8 month old still has poop issues. She has pinworms and has taken meds for it. The problems I've seen most frequently is indigestion and yellow in the urate. She is fed 30-40 dubias a day across 2 different feedings. Less if they are larger. Her salad usually has collard or mustard greens, squash, and bell pepper. Her lightning is a 22" Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 T5 12-14 inches from her decor. She is dehydrated at the moment, we are working on it. I've had a bit of trouble with her temps. Her basking spot gets very hot, 110-113 degrees while her cool side is only 73. I am getting a Thermostat or different basking light soon to fix that. Is a 50 watt Thrive bulb ok? I currently have one in the house.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So Mars, my 7-8 month old still has poop issues. She has pinworms and has taken meds for it. The problems I've seen most frequently is indigestion and yellow in the urate. She is fed 30-40 dubias a day across 2 different feedings. Less if they are larger. Her salad usually has collard or mustard greens, squash, and bell pepper. Her lightning is a 22" Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 T5 12-14 inches from her decor. She is dehydrated at the moment, we are working on it. I've had a bit of trouble with her temps. Her basking spot gets very hot, 110-113 degrees while her cool side is only 73. I am getting a Thermostat or different basking light soon to fix that. Is a 50 watt Thrive bulb ok? I currently have one in the house.
Trial and error w/ basking bulbs as long as its a bright white your good and temps are what they need to be for her age 95-100-- the T 5 is inside the tank? Meds will dry them out --- what are you feeding for supplements - yellow could mean too much D3 that would cause yellow urate - -- are you dusting those roaches every time your feeding? If so please quit she only needs the D3 on the insects ONCE per feeding -- please start feeding her a larger insect 30-40 / day is a lot - you dont want her developing gout and too many roaches can do that -- try and get the cool side up to 80 -80's during the day --

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Trial and error w/ basking bulbs as long as its a bright white your good and temps are what they need to be for her age 95-100-- the T 5 is inside the tank? Meds will dry them out --- what are you feeding for supplements - yellow could mean too much D3 that would cause yellow urate - -- are you dusting those roaches every time your feeding? If so please quit she only needs the D3 on the insects ONCE per feeding -- please start feeding her a larger insect 30-40 / day is a lot - you dont want her developing gout and too many roaches can do that -- try and get the cool side up to 80 -80's during the day --
Yes the T5 is inside. I do D3 3x a week, I will start doing it only once a feeding. With the current basking bulb I have I cannot warm up the cool side without the basking area overheating. I just got a 50watt thrive bulb. Would that be okay to fix this problem? The bulb would be about 15 inches from her basking decor

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes the T5 is inside. I do D3 3x a week, I will start doing it only once a feeding. With the current basking bulb I have I cannot warm up the cool side without the basking area overheating. I just got a 50watt thrive bulb. Would that be okay to fix this problem? The bulb would be about 15 inches from her basking decor
Trial and error- you can try a regular household bulb old style no LED try a 40 watt see what the temp gets to-