• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poop problem

Andy Bloomfield

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all my BG Bob is usually having at least one poop every day but for the last 3 days he has not gone at all , I have given him a bath and all his temps are the same and I am still feeding him the same food , but he has been shedding . Is this normal or could there be a problem.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, is he on a substrate?

Some can go a week or two before defecating. Typically it is related to heat, hydration and activity.

cold blooded

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Its possible he injested the bark and is having trouble passing it. Is he an adult? Is he eating still?

davedragon10

Hatchling Dragon
Its possible he injested the bark and is having trouble passing it. Is he an adult? Is he eating still?
Thats what I was wondering too. Im not familiar with reptile bark. But never use substrate thats made up of little peices, especially with baby's

cold blooded

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats good news. You think the shedding was causing him issues? Has he ever had these issues shedding in the past? Did his poops look normal? Either way i think washed childrens play sand is a great alternative with fewer risks than the bark. Feeding from a bowl or removing him to eat will help too.

Andy Bloomfield

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you very much for all the great advice , he seems fine now.
I have only had him 3 months so I don't know about any other shedding issues.