• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poo Problems

LittleGodzilla

Hatchling Dragon
Hi i have a 8 month old Beardie he lives with my dad who i go over daily every week and my dad always tells me "He only poops when your here" and its true so i give him warm bathes and he barely poops i cant tell if hes impacted im scared hes going to die any recommendations?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Give him a warm bath. During the bath, gently massage his belly to stimulate him to digest. Check out this guide: https://reptile.guide/bearded-dragon-impaction/

If he really is impacted and you can't get him to poop soon, you'll need to get him to the vet.

What is your UVB light, heat lamp, and substrate? What do you feed him, and in what quantities?
Does your dad feed him anything possibly harmful?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Give him a warm bath. During the bath, gently massage his belly to stimulate him to digest. Check out this guide: https://reptile.guide/bearded-dragon-impaction/

If he really is impacted and you can't get him to poop soon, you'll need to get him to the vet.

What is your UVB light, heat lamp, and substrate? What do you feed him, and in what quantities?
Does your dad feed him anything possibly harmful?
Please answer the following above questions from Hooman ---- NO VET at this time --- you can use natural laxatives to make him go --- NO ENEMAS --- it can kill the dragon or makes them paralyzed -- feed unsweetened applesauce - baby prunes or baby sweet potatos add a little olive oil like a drop or two-- it is not uncommon for them to go long periods of time w/ out going poop ---- if hes going to the bathroom at all hes not impacted --- does he look like hes straining to go ? Once we hear what his diet is we can help better --- meal worms and too many super worms can impact them --