• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

polycrylic heat resistance

disposible

Bearded Dragon Egg
i was told by someone in this forum that polycrylic is safe to seal parts of my beardie’s tank with as it’s water based and non toxic. i heard it has a low heat resistance though, and that is worrying me a little as im usuong it to seal the back of my enclosure , and sections of his enclosure(mainly his basking spot) can get pretty hot at times, usually it never gets hotter than 105 F. anyone who has used polycrylic in tanks have any input?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i was told by someone in this forum that polycrylic is safe to seal parts of my beardie’s tank with as it’s water based and non toxic. i heard it has a low heat resistance though, and that is worrying me a little as im usuong it to seal the back of my enclosure , and sections of his enclosure(mainly his basking spot) can get pretty hot at times, usually it never gets hotter than 105 F. anyone who has used polycrylic in tanks have any input?
I had someone more experienced w/ this than I look at your post this is what he said
Polycrylic is pretty commonly used and should be fine. Polyurethane will work well too, and is more durable. Just need to be sure to provide plenty of time for it to set completely and release any vapors before being put in use. Keep in mind that 105 degree temps are barely above our skin temp, and not likely to cause much issue with most materials.