• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pogona Minor feeding question

ewr

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got a Pogona Minor (we don't know sub species, anyone know how to find out?) from M&S Reptilien in Germany. We got him at about 7 months age (he was then 29 grams and about 30 cm (most of it the tail)). We've been feeding him daily, but lately (last months) he only eats a few insects per day. He's now stable at around 57 grams (plus/minus a few grams). Should we feed every day? He also refuses any vegetables (he refuses anything that doesn't move). But from what I read the pogona minors mainly eat insects...

Is there someone with experience with pogona minors that can advice on feeding (how much, how often and what)?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We got a Pogona Minor (we don't know sub species, anyone know how to find out?) from M&S Reptilien in Germany. We got him at about 7 months age (he was then 29 grams and about 30 cm (most of it the tail)). We've been feeding him daily, but lately (last months) he only eats a few insects per day. He's now stable at around 57 grams (plus/minus a few grams). Should we feed every day? He also refuses any vegetables (he refuses anything that doesn't move). But from what I read the pogona minors mainly eat insects...

Is there someone with experience with pogona minors that can advice on feeding (how much, how often and what)?
I will see if I can get some info for you on this --

ewr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks

Here are some pictures of him if that can help anyone identify sub species.

Attachments

• IMG_20211015_133814.jpg
    IMG_20211015_133814.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20211015_133828.jpg
    IMG_20211015_133828.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok here is some info I got for you from someone who is familiar w/ them see if this info helps -- the guy is lives in Australia

Took a squiz .... as soon as saw the 2 pictures I knew they are JACKY DRAGONS.
https://www.vhs.com.au/jacky-tree-dragons/

They are a great mid sized dragon , and very social ( they form colonies ) .
If the keeper treats them the same as BlackPlains ( aka rankins or dwarf ) dragon they'll be very happy and will thrive .

I've not kept them, they are actually locally indigenous and very common here in my area, I get them in my garden sometimes . People I know who keep and breed them tell me they are pretty much "bullet-proof" and tame up nicely.

Reactions: ewr

ewr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok here is some info I got for you from someone who is familiar w/ them see if this info helps -- the guy is lives in Australia

Took a squiz .... as soon as saw the 2 pictures I knew they are JACKY DRAGONS.
https://www.vhs.com.au/jacky-tree-dragons/

They are a great mid sized dragon , and very social ( they form colonies ) .
If the keeper treats them the same as BlackPlains ( aka rankins or dwarf ) dragon they'll be very happy and will thrive .

I've not kept them, they are actually locally indigenous and very common here in my area, I get them in my garden sometimes . People I know who keep and breed them tell me they are pretty much "bullet-proof" and tame up nicely.
Thank! This makes a lot of sense, the article is spot on with how he is behaving.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank! This makes a lot of sense, the article is spot on with how he is behaving.
Good I am not real familiar w/ Rankins but you can Google their feeding etc and that should give insight on the feeding - I am assuming they are alot like our normal dragons