• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help me my bearded dragon

Nacho&Lucy

Bearded Dragon Egg
She just had a seizure and she's not moving she keeps opening her mouth ,idk how to help her .

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did you get the UVB we talked about?

Nacho&Lucy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Did you get the UVB we talked about?
Yes. , I had gotten her the strip uvb the one you sent me the picture of . And I couldn't get her to the vet in time . I had the kids and no transportation and my hubby just got home from work.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes. , I had gotten her the strip uvb the one you sent me the picture of . And I couldn't get her to the vet in time . I had the kids and no transportation and my hubby just got home from work.
So how is she now?

Nacho&Lucy

Bearded Dragon Egg
She passed ):

Attachments

• IMG_20210409_194734350.jpg
    IMG_20210409_194734350.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 25

Nacho&Lucy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I still can't believe it ,I tried my best to keep her tempetures correct, correct uvb , fed her veggies daily , gave her a variety from crickets to dubias , occasional treats like hornworms. Calcium dusted her insects everyday , Saturday&Sunday we have her herptivite multivitamin, we also showered her at least once every week

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I still can't believe it ,I tried my best to keep her tempetures correct, correct uvb , fed her veggies daily , gave her a variety from crickets to dubias , occasional treats like hornworms. Calcium dusted her insects everyday , Saturday&Sunday we have her herptivite multivitamin, we also showered her at least once every week
I am so sorry please don't beat yourself up- it sounds like something genetically wrong- was she showing any signs of behavior oddities? Shaking when she walked or tremors? It's heartbreaking to see something like what you experienced and there is no way to know exactly what caused it w/ out doing a necropsy- if and when you decide to get another dragon please sanitize the tank since you don't know exactly what caused the seizures- did you have your uvb placed correctly in the tank?

Nacho&Lucy

Bearded Dragon Egg
No ,she never had no tremors , no shaking , today was the first time I saw her have a seizure , out of nowhere . And yes the uvb strip is placed correctly.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No ,she never had no tremors , no shaking , today was the first time I saw her have a seizure , out of nowhere . And yes the uvb strip is placed correctly.
Ok I was just checking-- neurological issues usually start w/ flipping over on back tremors shaking but it usually starts slowly - its only real bad when seizures start and that would be from lack of UVB or wrong UVB I have seen this w/ alot of the coil UVB's being used --- so w/ this being said it is hard to say exactly what caused it that is why I said it may have something to do w/ genetics -- where did you get her from? May I ask what substrate was she on- it looks like some sort of wood chips ?

Nacho&Lucy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah she just had a full blown seizure , she even flipped on her back. She would try to open her mouth to get air , I use the one you recommend the long fixure one I think it was called reptisun 10.0. we've been having her on that one since that day you told me to get it , I believe shipping took about 2 days, It' was really sad to see . And i got her from a breeder. & I use reptibark as her substrate. I have other beardies as well ,just hope this never happens again. That's why I'm beating myself up trying to think if it was something I did wrong .

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah she just had a full blown seizure , she even flipped on her back. She would try to open her mouth to get air , I use the one you recommend the long fixure one I think it was called reptisun 10.0. we've been having her on that one since that day you told me to get it , I believe shipping took about 2 days, It' was really sad to see . And i got her from a breeder. & I use reptibark as her substrate. I have other beardies as well ,just hope this never happens again. That's why I'm beating myself up trying to think if it was something I did wrong .
Ok I guess I would not recommend the reptibark - too many risks for impaction / and or ingestion which could lead to internal injuries - I dont know if you want to contact the breeder you got her from and let them know or ask if hes getting feedback from people that bought from that same clutch- she was not very old and to have that bad of a seizure is awful -- I am very sorry -- its hard to lose them but to watch them do what she did and feel totally helpless as to what to do is even more distressing -- :(

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
So sorry for your loss. Don’t beat yourself up on this. My Zontar flipped on his back and died the next. He too either had a seizure, stroke or heart failure. Causes unknown.