• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help me (he swallowed piece of broken dropper)

Autumn J Wingard

Bearded Dragon Egg
I really hope somebody finds this and soon I need help helping my dragon either throw up or pass the tip to glass eye dropper that he just broke off and ate. My boy who's just about 2 years old was having some problems and I ordered medicine for him it came with this glass eye dropper everything was fine until today when he decided to break it off and eat it how can I ensure that this passes through him safely... please help me

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
there is no way to pass glass safely that I know of..you need to get your beardie to a vet immediately this is a situation that is an emergency and needs to be addressed by a veterinarian. it's not something to deal with on your own at home. the vet may be able to get the glass out without harming your beardie.

mushu.monster

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree that this is a serious emergency, take your baby to the vet ASAP! I see this was posted on Sunday though, how is he doing now?

SunRoan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Take him to a vet immediately, it is dangerous to induce any vomiting in beardies and pretty much any reptile, and the shards could pierce him going back up or going back down. A vet will be able to tell you what to do

Autumn J Wingard

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree that this is a serious emergency, take your baby to the vet ASAP! I see this was posted on Sunday though, how is he doing now?
He's doing fine, he pooped yesterday (so he might have passed it) .I called the top three vets that would have seen him and they all told me theres nothing that can be done but to wait it out