• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PLEASE HELP!! Its eating but not growing!

Anquinette Holley

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello everyone! Super new here as in just joined 5 minutes ago but im super desperate and concerned! I have two beardies Zippy and Damu whom we got in December. Zippy first and Damu about a week and a half later. At first zippy seemed to be shedding every other day and growing really quickly and now ive only seen her shed once in the last two almost 3 weeks. Now Damu is much bigger than her. Their in the same tank as they are still juvenile beardies, but its only a 20gal tank. They receive weekly baths, daily spoil sessions, they eat small crickets dusted once weekly, fresh collards and bok choy. They get apples every now and then but thats the only fruit ive tried thus far. For treats they get the juicy white wax worms (I believe that’s what the woman at PetSmart called them). The tank temp is max 105 during the day and min 70 at night. She(I assume they’re females) is very active, eats 6-8 crickets 2-3 times a day, we have all the lights that came with the starter kit and basking furnishings in the tank. Please help! I can’t seem to figure out what im doing wrong!

Rbange1

Bearded Dragon Egg
A 20 gallon in the minimum size requirement for one baby dragon. You definitely need a bigger tank. It would certainly help if they had their own tanks as well.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Anquinette Holley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Omg thank you for responding! I thought no one would! So i was told that they do better together by the woman in PetSmart so would it help if i got a 75 gallon tank and had them both in or just cut it out and get a bigger separate tank for them?

Rbange1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Typically employees of chain stores don't usually know much about specifics when it comes to animals. They are also only aloud by corporate to tell you or not tell you certain things. Bearded dragons are solitary animals and should never be cohabbed. They may seem to be friends and like each other but eventually that will change and can cause very traumatic injuries. I would definitely suggest getting them each their own enclosure. You can house them each in a 40 gallon breeder sized enclosure permanently.

Anquinette Holley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so thanks for that information! So the 40 will be fine even once they get bigger? Or just go with the 60? Sorry im bombarding you with questions, i just really want to see my beardies grow and live all 10 years healthily!

Rbange1

Bearded Dragon Egg
You're absolutely fine!!! Really a bigger tank will be better but a 40 gallon is fine for them to live their full lives in. If properly taken care of they can live for up to 20 years or more!