• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help! confused

kierratiffany

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello my bearded dragon is about a year old. She has always been more on the lazy side. She is very good about eating her greens. She normally would go to the bathroom once or twice a week and it would be a big amount. For about a week now she has not ate and she has been going to the bathroom every single day which she has not done since she was a baby. it is extremely small in size each time. she has been running around non stop, glass surfacing, and extremely active the last week which is rare for her. When i let her out of the tank she will run around my room like crazy too. she has also had a black beard on and off and started head bobbing me this week which she has never done before. when this first started about a week ago i took her to the vet and her fecal came back clear and the vet did not feel any eggs nor did she see any on x-ray. she didn’t have an explanation nor did she seem too concerned. i’m not sure what’s wrong.. i’m very glad she’s being more active but it seems almost a little too active and i’m worried about her not eating. im also not sure how she can keep going to the bathroom daily without eating. her basking temp is 104 and cool side is 76. nothing has changed in her set up or food or anything she just randomly started acting this way about a week ago. any thoughts or advice would be helpful thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello my bearded dragon is about a year old. She has always been more on the lazy side. She is very good about eating her greens. She normally would go to the bathroom once or twice a week and it would be a big amount. For about a week now she has not ate and she has been going to the bathroom every single day which she has not done since she was a baby. it is extremely small in size each time. she has been running around non stop, glass surfacing, and extremely active the last week which is rare for her. When i let her out of the tank she will run around my room like crazy too. she has also had a black beard on and off and started head bobbing me this week which she has never done before. when this first started about a week ago i took her to the vet and her fecal came back clear and the vet did not feel any eggs nor did she see any on x-ray. she didn’t have an explanation nor did she seem too concerned. i’m not sure what’s wrong.. i’m very glad she’s being more active but it seems almost a little too active and i’m worried about her not eating. im also not sure how she can keep going to the bathroom daily without eating. her basking temp is 104 and cool side is 76. nothing has changed in her set up or food or anything she just randomly started acting this way about a week ago. any thoughts or advice would be helpful thanks
First are you sure she is a she? The head bobbing sounds like a male- normal sign of mating ritual and is a sign of dominance- please go over the basking temps how are you taking them no stick ons please and your uvb are you using a coil? The 74 is too cool you need 80's during the day - try lowering the 104 to 95-100 but that must be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- and it needs to be surface temps not air- or ambient temps- can she see her reflection? This could cause the head bobbing- what size tank is she in? If it's a 40 gallon the tank is too small - adult dragons require a 75-120 gallon tank another reason for surfing- are you using any colored bulbs? Also pooping will slow down I have 2 adult males that poop every 3 weeks to a month

kierratiffany

Bearded Dragon Egg
First are you sure she is a she? The head bobbing sounds like a male- normal sign of mating ritual and is a sign of dominance- please go over the basking temps how are you taking them no stick ons please and your uvb are you using a coil? The 74 is too cool you need 80's during the day - try lowering the 104 to 95-100 but that must be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- and it needs to be surface temps not air- or ambient temps- can she see her reflection? This could cause the head bobbing- what size tank is she in? If it's a 40 gallon the tank is too small - adult dragons require a 75-120 gallon tank another reason for surfing- are you using any colored bulbs? Also pooping will slow down I have 2 adult males that poop every 3 weeks to a month
Yes i understand pooping will normally slow down, except she is doing the opposite. She is going to the bathroom every day now, despite not eating. She is definitely a female she has been to an exotic vet many times. I have 3 of four walls covered so she can’t see the glass so i don’t think reflection is the issue plus as i said it has just started within the last week. I have a digital probe reader thing to check the temp as well as the wall stick ons. I am not using a coil either. Thank you for trying though

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes i understand pooping will normally slow down, except she is doing the opposite. She is going to the bathroom every day now, despite not eating. She is definitely a female she has been to an exotic vet many times. I have 3 of four walls covered so she can’t see the glass so i don’t think reflection is the issue plus as i said it has just started within the last week. I have a digital probe reader thing to check the temp as well as the wall stick ons. I am not using a coil either. Thank you for trying though
Ok what are you using for a uvb? Temps and uvb control the overall health and behavior of the dragon--