• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please give me advice on the situation with my dragon at the moment!!

Zoeouou

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had this bearded dragon years ago and couldn’t care for it anymore, so we gave it to a friend. Recently that friend passed away and we got the lizard back, they had the lizard for about 1-2 years. And when we got the lizard back, I over heard that the lizards tail was “cracking”. I got worried and gave it a look today and I was so upset. I picked up the lizard out of its cage and I could feel it’s bones, it wasn’t given a good diet. The tails on my dragon was peeling and the flesh in its tail was showing, almost half of the tail was black(tail rot). And right from where the tail meets to its body, there was blocked femoral pores. I’m so devastated. I’m for sure going to get this dragon to a vet as soon as possible, but right now can anyone give me advice on to care for it while we wait to get it to a vet?

Attachments

• F67BF069-D675-4799-8552-FBFB66199117.jpeg
    F67BF069-D675-4799-8552-FBFB66199117.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • AC97E1D9-5E2E-495C-BBAE-BC4AA0DF11A1.jpeg
    AC97E1D9-5E2E-495C-BBAE-BC4AA0DF11A1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 4C0CEDBE-BB0C-483B-8895-6E66E7E1D946.jpeg
    4C0CEDBE-BB0C-483B-8895-6E66E7E1D946.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 512EA08A-A0E7-46F5-909F-D8B7DDC9B4D2.jpeg
    512EA08A-A0E7-46F5-909F-D8B7DDC9B4D2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 9913F1FA-5E57-4B0B-B149-6A4130FA5C59.jpeg
    9913F1FA-5E57-4B0B-B149-6A4130FA5C59.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had this bearded dragon years ago and couldn’t care for it anymore, so we gave it to a friend. Recently that friend passed away and we got the lizard back, they had the lizard for about 1-2 years. And when we got the lizard back, I over heard that the lizards tail was “cracking”. I got worried and gave it a look today and I was so upset. I picked up the lizard out of its cage and I could feel it’s bones, it wasn’t given a good diet. The tails on my dragon was peeling and the flesh in its tail was showing, almost half of the tail was black(tail rot). And right from where the tail meets to its body, there was blocked femoral pores. I’m so devastated. I’m for sure going to get this dragon to a vet as soon as possible, but right now can anyone give me advice on to care for it while we wait to get it to a vet?
Please get the dragon into the vet -- it looks like the tail has rot and its starting to creep up the tail -- the dragon was not properly cared for at all --- here is a website to find a vet www.arav.org
Please go over the lighting in the tank UVB brand and bulb coil or tube where in the tank is it? Basking temps what are they and how are they being taken? NO stick ons --- they are inaccurate --- in the meantime soak the dragon in some betadine solution make it like a weak tea for 10-15 minutes --- what was he being fed? Is he eating now ? What are you feeding him? The betadine will help the femoral pores -- you can use a soft baby toothbrush to lightly brush the crust stuff loose --- but I would make an appt ASAP w/ the vet -- please make sure its someone w/ experience w/ dragons- if hes not been eating you may haft to hand feed or force feed and if that is the case I recommend Critical Care either herbivore or Ominvore - it is very good stuff let me know how it goes-- please answer my questions