• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Play pen

Dig box stuff

• Play pen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Digbox

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Lizzy and Devin

Bearded Dragon Egg
I want to know if bolth i can make a dig box for her futer play pen and if the box needs to be clear or not clear big or small and if i need to put holes in the thing and heating also it has to be a substrait that is good for tunnle making and can support her wait. Note not in any way possible is this her permenent home this is just so she can have a lot of as well so she can have stimulie and i upgraded her tank but my mom and dad spent all there monney on my brothers pet hedghog cute but the thing is lizzy need much more stimuli and all thats in there is a towl as the floor ya they did not bye substrait eyther a hide a little chunk of wood and her food and water bowl and thats it i might try to perswade my grandma if she can help me bye stuff for her anyways see ya later let me know if you can tell me anything

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
One time when my oldest girl Dexter was small and I thought she needed more stimuli, I got a small cat litter box and put some children's play sand in it and put it on the cool side of her tank so that she could play and dig if she wanted to. She never wanted too. Now what I do for mine is I use the vertical space in their tank as well as the floor space so they have different levels to climb on. It's not much it keeps them busy when they want to be busy.

My vet told me once that he didn't like the idea of a dig box in the tank for a female dragon if they don't have eggs. He said that giving them something to dig in might trigger infertile eggs to be formed.

Lizzy and Devin

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is out side her tank and im not planing on breading her any time soon that and i wanna give her somthing to do out side her tank and i was a little curiose is can i put plants inside her tank

Lizzy and Devin

Bearded Dragon Egg
1534804278849112636903.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Plants inside the tank will raise the humidity. You also have to find something that is safe for dragons to eat because they probably will eat them.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You could still make her a dig box to play in outside of her tank.

Lizzy and Devin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok but what about i should use its so she can make tunnles without having them colapes beneth her a do they like to dig manly beacase lizzy makes diging mostions

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Ok but what about i should use its so she can make tunnles without having them colapes beneth her a do they like to dig manly beacase lizzy makes diging mostions

Organic soil mixed with children's play sand should work. Make sure it's not too moist but moist enough to hold a tunnel.