• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Picky eater

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mordy is just starting to be a picky eater I have to make his food a game so he will eat fresh veggies.......how can I get him to eat or do they go through phases like we do.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep, they seem to go through phases, my male is doing the same thing. Will barely eat unless I hand feed right now,I am hoping this will improve, dont want him going hungry. So long as they look healthy and arent droppng weight too quickly it shouldnt be anything to worry about. So, presuming they are in good health, we can only assume that they eat as much as their metabolism allows them to. Its worth double checking your temperatures too.

SoCalSk8r

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yep, they seem to go through phases, my male is doing the same thing. Will barely eat unless I hand feed right now,I am hoping this will improve, dont want him going hungry. So long as they look healthy and arent droppng weight too quickly it shouldnt be anything to worry about. So, presuming they are in good health, we can only assume that they eat as much as their metabolism allows them to. Its worth double checking your temperatures too.

I have had to hand feed mine for the past several months. He hasn't really eaten on his since he came out of brumation in April. He is still alert and healthy loo, but he won't eat on his own.y vet told me he thinks Stitch is blind but we don't think so. We are going to take him in to a different vet for a second opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk