• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Picky Dragon

bodhithebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a bearded dragon who is almost two and he has never been good about eating for a while now. As of recently, he will only eat super-worms. He will refuse his veggies so I give him smoothies I make with all his essential veggies, some fruit, and supplements. He won’t eat super-worms coated with any supplement dustings so I give them to him plain. I’ve tried to give him dubias and crickets but I can’t get him to eat them no matter what. Any methods or advice on how to get him to eat?

bodhithebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is about to be two years old and he’s having some eating issues. Currently, he only eats super worms . I give him his vegetables through a smoothie I have to force feed him every day. I don’t try with crickets anymore because of how parasitic they can be and he won’t eat dubias either. On top of that, he won’t fully chew his worms when they’re coated with his supplements so I have to include them in his smoothie. Now that I have to force feed him, I feel like he is afraid of me as well and runs away whenever I try to pick him up. Any advice on getting him to eat better / gaining a better relationship with him?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is about to be two years old and he’s having some eating issues. Currently, he only eats super worms . I give him his vegetables through a smoothie I have to force feed him every day. I don’t try with crickets anymore because of how parasitic they can be and he won’t eat dubias either. On top of that, he won’t fully chew his worms when they’re coated with his supplements so I have to include them in his smoothie. Now that I have to force feed him, I feel like he is afraid of me as well and runs away whenever I try to pick him up. Any advice on getting him to eat better / gaining a better relationship with him?
Please go over the UVB NO coils please and basking temps what are they and and how are you taking them? NO stick ons you need a digital probe thermometer --- it is common for them to not eat veggies and we try our hardest to try and get them to eat them --- is he basking and moving around in the tank ? Is he losing weight ? Weigh him on a kitchen food scale weigh in grams --