• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Picky and Stubborn Help!

Focamino

Bearded Dragon Egg
1yr old Iggy refuses to eat any greens. Occasionally She'll eat a blue berry... I've tried all types of greens. All types of veggies and fruit. Even tried not feeding her any insects for six days and still doesn't eat her salads... If anybody knows any tricks or different types of food I can try that would be awesome! Thanks!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My 5 year old is the same way. It takes some practice but what I do is I stick a green in her mouth while she's chewing a worm. She doesn't realize that it's there because she is already chewing. Just don't put too much in at once, you don't want her to choke.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lol, they can be frustrating like that. Mine dont like me watching them when they eat, I catch them every now and then picking away at their veg when they think i'm not looking. If you cant trick yours into eating, the next best thing is to put the veg into your bugs and pass on the nutrients that way.

Focamino

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for your help! So I can just feed my feeders greens and veggies and that's OK too? The sneaking greens in her mouth worked for 2 days and now she spits it out lol.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
Bella Blue goes through stages where all she'll eat is a liitle of of her greens and if I'm lucky some of her was works of her little brown worms. She doesn't have any interest in fruit or other veggies yet .I'm just being patient and introducing new food to her wether she takes it or not. Any suggestions? I give her a like warm bath twice a day so she gets hydrated and gets exercise. She enjoys her baths

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
1yr old Iggy refuses to eat any greens. Occasionally She'll eat a blue berry... I've tried all types of greens. All types of veggies and fruit. Even tried not feeding her any insects for six days and still doesn't eat her salads... If anybody knows any tricks or different types of food I can try that would be awesome! Thanks!
Hi have you tried hand feeding, I KNOW WE'RE supposed to have them eat on their own but that's the only way I can get Bella to eat her salad. I still put a fresh bowl of mixed greens in her bedroom anyway.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Bella Blue goes through stages where all she'll eat is a liitle of of her greens and if I'm lucky some of her was works of her little brown worms. She doesn't have any interest in fruit or other veggies yet .I'm just being patient and introducing new food to her wether she takes it or not. Any suggestions? I give her a like warm bath twice a day so she gets hydrated and gets exercise. She enjoys her baths
Couple of things.. I wouldn't bathe them that much you risk upper respiratory issues..also unless they are drinking from the bath they don't get hydrated by just being in the water.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club

How old is she? If she is little she needs more protein at this stage than greens so I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
Couple of things.. I wouldn't bathe them that much you risk upper respiratory issues..also unless they are drinking from the bath they don't get hydrated by just being in the water.
THANK you for your input, I did stop bathing her that much. now once or twice aweek. l will call her Dr. in the morning to see what her bathing Schedule should be, I KNOW or a fact she dosnt drinker bath water because I never lace her alone..
How old is she? If she is little she needs more protein at this stage than greens so I wouldn't stress too much about it.
Shes 8 momths old

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I used to bath a few times a week and then once a week but then learned that baths are really only useful if your dragons drink in the tub or it helps to loosen shed. My dragons don't drink in the tub so I now only do baths for shed or if they get poop all over themselves.

8 months old is still a growing baby so I wouldn't worry too much about the greens but I would try the bee pollen and see if that peaks her interest.