• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

perch

New Beardie Daisy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our Daisy has grown so much since we got him. he has a perch on the inside of his cage thats been there since we got him. it is his go to favorite spot. It is at the highest point i would say almost 2 feet tall at the very top which is where he likes to stay. he is apprx, 3-4 months old. he loves to run around and even jump around. my only fear is that he is going to injure himself jumping. sometimes he will jump from the very top of the perch to the bottom or onto his rock. is it about time i remove his perch and down size. but at the same time i do not want to upset him by taking his most favorite thing away. but sometimes its like he almost falls becasue hes getting so big around. this is an older pic but its a shot of the perch thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• 12764374_1234911183204172_4801820765976492141_o.jpg
    12764374_1234911183204172_4801820765976492141_o.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 54

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would have to agree I'm sure there is a way you can position things with a hammock he could still use the perch but have a "safety net" for if he falls..
How big is your enclosure? It may be getting close to upsizing the tank so you can give him some more options as well as hides on the warm and cool side to get away from the lights.. He's looking good~

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my boy's viv is about 3 1/2 feet off the floor. when he wants out, he wants out NOW. I used to open the door for him, but he would get so excited, that he would jump out so he could run around. I finally built him a ramp. and he learned how to use it within the day! only to go out, tho - never to go back in.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Before I saw the picture my first thought was, they are babies they like to jump off of stuff, but then I saw the perch and it's a little too high. I agree with the others that said a hammock that would provide a "safety net". Also, watch the perch, if the base isn't heavy enough, as he jumps he may pull it down with his weight.

New Beardie Daisy

Bearded Dragon Egg
ok i have ordered a hammock and made this homemade thing for now until i can find something else out of boxes and wrapped it in the brown paper i use for the sides of his tank the tank is a 40 g
WIN_20160328_141952.JPG