• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pellets?

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have my dude on pellets since he will not eat any fruits or vegetables. He is about 2, so the veggies are more important. I feel like a mom who has to substitute with formula... Anyone else use pellets?

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
No, I never even tried because i was afraid he would get hooked. Can you try mixing the pellets in with veggies and see of you can gradually transition him over?

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I would like to eventually, but hes just lately taken to eating them. I even try him with peppers and fruit occasionally lol hes definately hard headedh I I just worry about his nutrient intake and making sure he's getting enough

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'd be careful with pellets. They are processed and full of dyes so it's like a diet of chips and candy. Lots of us make slurries for our babies. Take their greens and blend them up with some water and supplements and slowly give it to them in a syringe. Sometimes after doing this for awhile, they start eating on their own.

I have a 5 year old girl that is stubborn about eating her salad. I always make sure her bugs eat her salad so that she still gets some good nutrition from them.

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I try to feed him hornworms with a few superworms.i hate those guys because they squirt and crunchc but they like to eat the cricket food which juices them up. I am not sure if he has a problem with the sticky of his tongue, but it seems he has trouble grabbing food