• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Overweight male

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
I have a 12 month male that's 716 grams (just weighted) He's 22 inches and I'm trying to put him on a diet.
I've cut back on the feeders only offering 2-3 twice a week. Veggies the other days but now he's stopped eating
the veggies, only picking at them. Besides the fact that he's fat, he's still very active.

All my lighting is correct, 12 hours of sleep, poops regular, just enjoys eating. He's always been a big boy. The breeder saw him
and said he's bigger then his parents who were 600+.

My thoughts are to feed him the veggies and if he doesn't eat them all eventually when he gets hungry he'll
eat them all.

Any have a good diet for fatties. Here's a picture today.

Thanks
1666303687377.png

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 12 month male that's 716 grams (just weighted) He's 22 inches and I'm trying to put him on a diet.
I've cut back on the feeders only offering 2-3 twice a week. Veggies the other days but now he's stopped eating
the veggies, only picking at them. Besides the fact that he's fat, he's still very active.

All my lighting is correct, 12 hours of sleep, poops regular, just enjoys eating. He's always been a big boy. The breeder saw him
and said he's bigger then his parents who were 600+.

My thoughts are to feed him the veggies and if he doesn't eat them all eventually when he gets hungry he'll
eat them all.

Any have a good diet for fatties. Here's a picture today.

Thanks
View attachment 32913
Lets let Tracie weigh in on this -- shes a vet tech that can help
@Drache613