• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RickyTan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here’s some pics of Drogon and I was wondering how can I tell if I’m feeding him too much? I don’t think I am but I just want to be positive. He doesn’t drag his stomach or anything, he’s about 7-8 months old (I think we never got a DOB), good leg strength but his tail looks a little thick. And I’ve read that can be the first signs of them starting to gain too much weight. Also I was curious if I’m giving him a good enough variety. crickets, superworms, mealworms, Kale which seems to be the only veggie so far I can get him to eat. He won’t eat carrots, fruits like mango raspberry blueberries kiwi banana, I have a mint plant in with him he wants nothing to do with really (It’s a live fresh chocolate mint plant in his setup helps with smell when he poops cuz damn can that smell linger) but if anyone has any suggestions for veggie or fruit ideas I’d love to hear some. I’m gonna try green bell peppers tomorrow. But I just feel like cricket, super/mealworms and kale aren’t enough of a variety. I make sure the crickets load up on calcium and potatoes, they literally have their own tank I store them in (Drogons old tank) and all bugs get powdered... but yeah if anyone has some knowledge they can share I would be grateful and wanna make sure even tho I wanna give more variety I’m not giving too much. I think I have a nice balance and the tail might just be him growing. I hope. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

Attachments

• BEC813F7-C791-43C9-8BAF-21848A9A574B.jpeg
    BEC813F7-C791-43C9-8BAF-21848A9A574B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • FC5EAC9D-22B7-455D-B39F-87F03CEE9524.jpeg
    FC5EAC9D-22B7-455D-B39F-87F03CEE9524.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 2A5C0AD4-1546-46FC-8B08-63A273048152.jpeg
    2A5C0AD4-1546-46FC-8B08-63A273048152.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 48
  • EB0C331A-DC2F-4DC3-B9E9-D9B6C822DBFB.jpeg
    EB0C331A-DC2F-4DC3-B9E9-D9B6C822DBFB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49

RickyTan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah he’s for sure a male. And thank you so much for all the info and that website I’ve been trying to find something like that for awhile now. So I switched to Greens (collard, mustard). Started feeding Crickets carrots and sometimes kiwi. I bought some squash Imma try that today.. horn worms occasionally but I can’t find a place in Bellevue that carries Dubai roaches. Do u have a website for ordering ur food? He seems to love his variety of worms tho. Giant mealworms, superworms, horn worms. Gonna get some silk worm next. Someone at pet store told me I should only be putting calcium on his worms and crickets every other day but from what I’ve read and heard that’s not until after he’s a year old. Just curious ur thoughts on that... I use Vita-sand btw for substrate and I keep his veggie and water dish on the carpet side. About 1/5 of his tank is carpet for that reason, easier to keep water dish and food from getting sand. But I’ve heard a lot of people recommend the Vita-sand if going with sand. It’s a little expensive but worth it I think cuz it’s got calcium in it. So if he gets a little from eating crickets it’s not so bad for him. I feed him his worms in a container tho so it’s really only going after crickets he’s gets any from. But yeah still trying to work on a consistent diet, he seems to not be eating greens as much as he should sometimes going a full day without eating much greens, only wanting bugs. Not sure how to fix this or why he’s been not so keen on eating his veggies. Open for suggestions on getting him to eat more fruit/veggies. Thanks again for all the info. Also I live in Bellevue Washington not sure if you kno the area or any shops other than petco/petsmarts but yeah THANK YOU

RickyTan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Real quick, I’ve been trying to keep a live plant in there for him, the mint plant, but I’ve been having issues keeping my humidity levels down. Even before the plant I had this issue. Being I live in Washington state where everything is moist it’s hard keeping his tank completely dry. Any recommendations? And yeah I don’t kno what his deal is with veggies right now he use to be soooo good about eating them, it might be that I’ve been feeding him kale and now he’s scar’d for life!!! JUST KIDDING. lol.

RickyTan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh and how do u keep ur setup clean using self liner. When he poops on the carpet in my setup which don’t happen anymore he has a spot in the sand he likes to poop, but anyways it’s a NIGHTMARE cleaning poop out of carpet. What is that liner made of?? And yeah I always try to make sure he’s fed on carpet side, can’t always control feeding on crickets but honestly he rarely get any sand ingested. I’ve tried to be VERY careful about not letting him get impaction while having sand in the setup. BUT that doesn’t mean I’m not willing to change but I pride myself on always making sure his setup is 100% clean. Poop is NEVER left In there for more than a minute. It helps I have a really sensitive nose and have that **** where I drastically taste what I smell... it’s sucks.... but anyways yeah I make sure there’s no leftover food, waste, NOTHING but a clean tank for my lil Drogon. We originally got him for my daughter to take care of, she’s 7 but naturally being that she’s 7, dads had to take care of him lol. He’s become my buddy tho and turned me into a big fan of beardies.

Latest posts