• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Outdoor enclosure/weather

GinaB

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I have an outdoor enclosure for my beardie. I live in Phoenix and we have pretty mild winters. She does brumate without problem for most of the winter. I am going to be moving to the NE US in the next year and I was wondering if anyone houses their beardie outside up there and how they do through the winter/snow. Thanks! Also, wondering if you cannot keep a beardie outside, what kind of indoor space do you have? My enclosure is 6ft by 8ft and 5 feet deep.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! I have an outdoor enclosure for my beardie. I live in Phoenix and we have pretty mild winters. She does brumate without problem for most of the winter. I am going to be moving to the NE US in the next year and I was wondering if anyone houses their beardie outside up there and how they do through the winter/snow. Thanks! Also, wondering if you cannot keep a beardie outside, what kind of indoor space do you have? My enclosure is 6ft by 8ft and 5 feet deep.
Dragons should not be kept outside if your temps are falling below 65 year round- they do like cool and dark to sleep at night but the NE gets really cold during the winter months and they would die if kept outside there - your tank is really big and is going to need a large room to put it in - most people use tanks of 4x2x2 for their dragons - I dont know what kind of lighting your using in the tank you have now but it needs to be of good lighting - your dragon now is getting the best UVB UVA there is being hes outside all the time - NE you will not be able to do that -- if you have any questions about tanks and down sizing and your tank set up please ask - there are good UVB's to invest in and UVB's not to buy