• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Orange “growth” in mouth

JohnJimble

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is Charmander; I’ve had her for about four years with no health problems up until now. I took her outside for a little bit, and when she opened her mouth, I noticed an orange, cyst-like thing on one side. (Under my thumb in the picture) I’ve looked for what this may be online for a while now, but the closest match seemed to be mouth rot. I’ve also noticed some pronounced veins leading out of it. If anyone could help me to figure out what this is, that would be great, as it’s pretty concerning. (I’ve confirmed it’s not stuck food or any piece of debris, and if it helps, she hasn’t been eating any less).

Thank you

Attachments

• C13F3668-2076-4C5D-BF12-55043BDDE34E.png
    C13F3668-2076-4C5D-BF12-55043BDDE34E.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 25

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is Charmander; I’ve had her for about four years with no health problems up until now. I took her outside for a little bit, and when she opened her mouth, I noticed an orange, cyst-like thing on one side. (Under my thumb in the picture) I’ve looked for what this may be online for a while now, but the closest match seemed to be mouth rot. I’ve also noticed some pronounced veins leading out of it. If anyone could help me to figure out what this is, that would be great, as it’s pretty concerning. (I’ve confirmed it’s not stuck food or any piece of debris, and if it helps, she hasn’t been eating any less).

Thank you
I have asked a couple to look at it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have asked a couple to look at it
It might just be some swollen tissue and recede on its own. I agree that it's probably best to have a vet take a look if it's causing concern though. I'd at least keep a close eye on it and take frequent photos to monitor any changes in size, shape, or color.
Another response I got
I don't know, it's not easy to see but if there's a concern they could have a vet take a look.