• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

One is eating more than the other... its not fair!

pinkynbrain

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Pinky seems to be quicker and more focused on feeding time. Brain lets the crickets crawl on his head! Pinky seems to be snatching up most if not all of the crickets at feeding time, im wondering whether or not to put a barrier in the middle of the tank and separating the 2 so that Brain gets a fair go. Is this wise?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Research has showed that housing two bearded dragons in the same viv can cause harm to one of the dragons. Bearded dragons are not social animals. One will dominate the other. It is really not recommended to put 2 beardies in the same viv. Pinky may be becoming the dominating dragon. Keep a close eye on Brain to ensure he is getting enough food and is not retreating into a corner or one spot of the viv.

I think you should consider separating them now.

Fidget Midget

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm having a similar problem :( Tango will run after the food, then I'll have to hand feed Scuttle. After a few minutes I think Tango realizes Scuttle is getting special treatment, so she stops chasing her food and demands to be hand-fed too. -.- It's not even like Tango attacks Scuttle or anything; Scuttle just decides she doesn't want to compete. I wish my gf and I knew they weren't social creatures before she decided to get them for my birthday. I really don't want to separate them... cut their space in half... and suck more energy b/c I need more lighting. :( :( :(

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know you just did a ton of work on your tank but seperation is key at this point. If you dont they will fight at one point or another, and it could end up in nipped tails or toes at the very least.

KAJA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
FidgetMidget, have you tried to feed them separately as a test?

If you leave Tango in and feed her her crickets and let her go to town and then remove her and insert back in Scuttle to see if she then is as aggressive as she normally should be in going after the crickets. If this is the case then you might consider separating them to ensure they are able to eat properly.

If Scuttle is getting intimidated or Tango just gets too territorial you might run into issues. I would hate to be reading about that :(

Fidget Midget

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've tried putting them on opposite sides of the tank (a good 6ft away from each other)... it kind of worked once. After a few minutes Scuttle returned to laziness. I'll try your suggestion though. Thanks.