• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

One eye closed?

Sherlockthebeardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Usally when sherlock is on my chest he'll have one eye closed but the other one is open, I only noticed that when he was out of his cage under the blanket but now I just noticed he's basking on his log and one eye is open while the other is closed? Is that like an issue?

cody

Hatchling Dragon
iv herd that in order for them to focus on something they have to close one eye because of the way their eyes are naturally positioned. My beardie however has gunk forming in one eye. iv been removing it almost every night with saline wash for a few months. I really wish I could figure out what was causing it.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
iv herd that in order for them to focus on something they have to close one eye because of the way their eyes are naturally positioned. My beardie however has gunk forming in one eye. iv been removing it almost every night with saline wash for a few months. I really wish I could figure out what was causing it.

That makes sense to me. Are you using the coil type uvb bulbs? Is your uvb light set up on the side?

cody

Hatchling Dragon
My uvb is mounted on the top of the inside back wall. In the process of getting a T5 with a reflector. And a type of grate shelving to use as the screen. It'll hold the lights and I'm assuming the amount of uvb blocked will be almost none. Definitely less than a screen or mesh.

Sherlockthebeardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sherlock has been really cold and unresponsive, when I pick him up he'll open his eyes then close them again, im really worried that I didn't proper take care if him:( I hope everything is okay with your Bearded dragon!

cody

Hatchling Dragon
Is he basking? Do you have a temp gun to read the tempature accurately. Try to hydrate him.

Sherlockthebeardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Last night he seemed really sick, he was cold and droopy but last night I kept both of his lamps on so he would warm up and he perked right up, he's basking right now and he just ate :) thank you!!