• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Older Beardie Weirdly and Suddenly Aggressive.

City

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have had my beardie for about five years now, except around when we got him, he showed 0 signs of aggressiveness. He has always enjoyed being handled and taken out of his cage to run around. I say older as in i think he is around six or five and a half. Around now he has been shedding a little, and i have read that that can cause aggressiveness, but every time he has shed before there was no behavior changes. Now when i feed him, he runs at my hand like its food, and when someone passes the cage he will often gape his mouth at them. He has even once "attacked" the spray bottle once when i was misting him a week ago. When i try to pick him up he freaks out, struggles, and puffs up (i am picking him up properly, just how i always do). He has never done any of these things before and now it is very hard to spend time with him, which makes me sad. When i do get him out of his cage he does not like to be touched like he used to. When i pet him on his head he gapes and puffs up. and im being gentle! He was 100% tamed and a very calm beardie before this point.

I have no idea whats wrong, he is eating fine and healthy. I turn of his lights at night and he has proper ones. He has a good cage and setup. He is getting proper water. I have no idea whats causing this. Any advice would be appreciated.