• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Number of insects per day?

BeardedDragonPauper

Hatchling Dragon
So-
Very soon I will be getting a juvenile beardie!
Curious, how many crickets approximately should a juvenile eat per day? And, how many other insects such as dubias, phoenix worms, super worms, etc per day?
Also when are beardies categorized as adults?
Thanks in advance!
-BeardedDragonPauper

Sean o^o

Hatchling Dragon
  • I reccomend around 75 insects a day. (1 insect= 1 cricket, 4 insects= 1 dubia. Idk about phoenix worms)It actually depends on your beardie.
  • Bearded dragons are considered adults when they are over 1 year of age.
  • Because your bearded dragon is still young, I reccomend not feeding super worms. Just stick to baby crickets, small dubias, and small phoenix/calci/bsfl worms.
  • Juvinilles are beardies that are between 5-12 months old.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Because it can vary so much from dragon to dragon, its best to let them just eat as much as they can in a 15 minute sitting. As babies they need 3 meals a day, dropping to 2 after maybe 6 months. As babies they are ravenous eating machines, they can eat a LOT.

Sean o^o

Hatchling Dragon
Because it can vary so much from dragon to dragon, its best to let them just eat as much as they can in a 15 minute sitting. As babies they need 3 meals a day, dropping to 2 after maybe 6 months. As babies they are ravenous eating machines, they can eat a LOT.

Lol