• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not pooping

Pikafuey

Hatchling Dragon
So my Atlas hasn't pooped close to three weeks now and I'm concerned. She's been eating and acting normal, which doesn't lead me to believe she's sick.

I've tried warm baths to hopefully stimulate her, but she hates them and hasn't pooped from them. Her tank is 100 on the basking side, while the cool side is about 80. I feed her mostly Kale, but once a week she gets superworms. I would feed her more veggies other than Kale, but she is extremely picky! She also will not eat crickets or roaches, so I'm stuck feeding her the superworms. I use a calcium powder for her food, and she has a UV light as well.

I don't know why she hasn't pooped? Any advice would be appreciated!

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
most likely she is constipated due to the super worms you can hand feed with a syringe real canned pumpkin and that usually works or try baby food prunes the organic kind. I would also up your temps to about 105 to help aid digestion . this was what worked best for my spike and Stryker. oh and no super worms there not easy to digest.try butter worms , hornworms, silk worms. and try some butter nut and acorn squash.

Pikafuey

Hatchling Dragon
most likely she is constipated due to the super worms you can hand feed with a syringe real canned pumpkin and that usually works or try baby food prunes the organic kind. I would also up your temps to about 105 to help aid digestion . this was what worked best for my spike and Stryker. oh and no super worms there not easy to digest.try butter worms , hornworms, silk worms. and try some butter nut and acorn squash.

I haven't given her any super worms since she stopped pooping. Still no poo though :/
I upped her temps, and syringe fed her some of the canned pumpkin. I also have been doing the warm baths. Still nothing. She's still eating and acting normal though, and her stomach doesn't feel hard of solid.

yeah temps up a bit. A warm bath can cause an involuntary bowel movement too

I've been doing that and still no luck :c

Natalia Angel

Bearded Dragon Egg
I haven't given her any super worms since she stopped pooping. Still no poo though :/
I upped her temps, and syringe fed her some of the canned pumpkin. I also have been doing the warm baths. Still nothing. She's still eating and acting normal though, and her stomach doesn't feel hard of solid.

I've been doing that and still no luck :c
Try some olive oil mixed with applesauce and put it on her nose and she will gradually lick it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk