• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not eating

miaro51119

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,

I’m coming here as a last resort. I have no clue what to do with Donnie, my dragon.

Donnie is a juvenile beardie. We usually feed him three times a day, he eats dubia roaches because he won’t touch crickets anymore. We also feed him leafy greens on occasion (he prefers mustard) and have fed him berries and squash to introduce him to the flavors of plants.

About a week ago, Donnie stopped eating. He will watch a roach run around and then run away like he doesn’t want it. He won’t even give veggies or fruit a second glance.

I was thinking that maybe since its warm out and we leave the air on he could be cold. But his temps near his basking area read 100-110 F. I then thought that maybe he wasn't getting the proper uvb from the lamp I had, and therefore wasn’t metabolizing calcium. So we bought a new lamp that day— a zilla desert terrarium lamp. I thought that with the calcium supplements we’d been giving him and the new lamp he would maybe feel better. But he still has yet to eat again. He took one roach a few days ago when I wiggled it right in front of him and then ate some mustard greens when I did the same but not enough for me to feel like he’s doing okay.

I don’t know what to do, and we just had a baby and don’t have the money to see a vet at the moment. All of the ones in my area are very expensive.