• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not eating staple feeders

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
I’ve been having a hard time recently with my Beardie for numerous reasons . Right now my main concern is He has completely stopped eating his dubia roaches and crickets. It has been hard to get him on a schedule lately to due work and home life, so his feeding schedule isn’t great. I would like to find a way for him to become Intrested in his staples again becuae right now he is only eating super worms, hornworms and wax worms which aren’t exactly healthy and make him bloated. If anyone has any tips that would be great. He also eats BSFL

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve been having a hard time recently with my Beardie for numerous reasons . Right now my main concern is He has completely stopped eating his dubia roaches and crickets. It has been hard to get him on a schedule lately to due work and home life, so his feeding schedule isn’t great. I would like to find a way for him to become Intrested in his staples again becuae right now he is only eating super worms, hornworms and wax worms which aren’t exactly healthy and make him bloated. If anyone has any tips that would be great. He also eats BSFL
Take him off the treat worms this is why he has stopped eating the staple feeders -- BSFL are a good staple feeder but they are small so hes going to eat alot of them --- like 100 or so at a time -- make sure hes eating them slow - you can put them on his salads -- do not feed him any more treat worms and feed only the BSFL for now- put his salad and the BSFL in a dish like this or similar to https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d in the morning before you leave for work - feed around 50 of them and then when you come home from work feed another 50 or so -- make sure your feeding him about 2-3 hours before lights off -- do this for awhile then add your dubias back in again see how that goes

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
Take him off the treat worms this is why he has stopped eating the staple feeders -- BSFL are a good staple feeder but they are small so hes going to eat alot of them --- like 100 or so at a time -- make sure hes eating them slow - you can put them on his salads -- do not feed him any more treat worms and feed only the BSFL for now- put his salad and the BSFL in a dish like this or similar to https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d in the morning before you leave for work - feed around 50 of them and then when you come home from work feed another 50 or so -- make sure your feeding him about 2-3 hours before lights off -- do this for awhile then add your dubias back in again see how that goes
So the only problem is he does NOT digest them well at all l. Some of them show up In his poop. Is there a reason for this? But, thank you I will try this!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So the only problem is he does NOT digest them well at all l. Some of them show up In his poop. Is there a reason for this? But, thank you I will try this!
Basking temps could be too low or hes gobbling them down too fast --- we see that often -- that is why I said feed slow and on top of the salads thats going to slow him down from eating so fast especially if he likes them -- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them?

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
Basking temps could be too low or hes gobbling them down too fast --- we see that often -- that is why I said feed slow and on top of the salads thats going to slow him down from eating so fast especially if he likes them -- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them?
His basking temps are low because of the cold weather l. Right now it’s hard to reach 100 but usually it’s 102-106 l. I use a digital thermometer

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His basking temps are low because of the cold weather l. Right now it’s hard to reach 100 but usually it’s 102-106 l. I use a digital thermometer
Temps for a adult dragon are 95-100 so your w/ in range - he may be eating them to fast -- see if the salads slow him down ----------- the basking bulb is it a bright white bulb ? NO off colored or yellowish bulb --- the bright white provides UVA and he needs the UVA

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
Temps for a adult dragon are 95-100 so your w/ in range - he may be eating them to fast -- see if the salads slow him down ----------- the basking bulb is it a bright white bulb ? NO off colored or yellowish bulb --- the bright white provides UVA and he needs the UVA.
Yes, it is a bright white light so I think I might be all set there. I was also thinking it is the BSFL I am buying, do you suggest a certain website to purchase them from?