• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not eating and lethargic...am getting so worried? Help

Nelia

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is 7 months old and he’s been a super healthy active dude but this past week he has been hiding under his carpet, not moving around and not eating when I offer salads or crickets. I made it so he can’t get under the carpet now to see if it would stop but no now he just sits on a rock not even under his basking light and doesn’t move. It’s making me very worried as I’m going away this weekend and my brother will only be coming to feed him and I’m scared maybe he will die. When I take him out of his cage all he wants to do is find a warm spot to sleep
Tank details: I recently moved him into a 40 gallon and he has a 150 watt basking light with a t8 fluorescent uvb light that I got yesterday in hopes that maybe he was not getting enough uvb because I had a compact bulb. I offer him salads everyday as well as crickets where he will eat 15-30 a day. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I’m so worried, I reallt don’t want him to die and my dad won’t let me take him to the vet

Nelia

Bearded Dragon Egg
I also didn’t mention, last time he did poop, it sorta had mucus in it and was a little watery then normal which I’ve never noticed before.