• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not eating after coming out of brumation

GaiaTX

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,

We have a female bearded dragon that is about five years old. She brumated this fall for about six weeks. She came out of brumation last week but has not been interested in eating. I've given her a couple of warm baths but she doesn't drink any water during her bath. I do have a call into our vet, but while I wait to hear from them I wanted to check here. She does move around the tank as I see her laying in different spots. Usually she is lying inclined up one of the logs or ramps, and twice she's just been lying flat on the warm surface.

Is it common for them to be uninterested in food for a while after coming out of brumation? I don't know if she pooped before brumating but read in the threads here that they will usually just wake to poop. She did not come out of her hide at all during brumation.

Thanks
Shannon

GaiaTX

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, she has a Powersun basking light and a UVB fluorescent light on the other end of the enclosure. I will check on the temps. I did not disturb her brumation, per the brumation guidelines on beardeddragon.org, but we did set out food for her. She did not eat any significant amount, but she has not lost weight. She seems alert, just not interested in food.