• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nose Rub and White Nose

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello Everyone,

Very recently (past two days) I saw Odin itch his nose on his magnerock; and now he has a very white nose area; it looks rubbed off.
I used a quetip and carefully swabbed water over the white area and a little color came back but its mostly still white.

20160424_165401.jpg
This is the magnerock he has; it is a rough so scrapping your face on it could sand you down.
20160424_165444.jpg
His body is going into shed; but i just don't feel right about this.
20160424_165500.jpg

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A lot of the research I have done just recently is saying its a shedding ?

I guess because I am inexperienced I just haven't seen this before; but his head shed last time didn't start out like this.

Also here's a funny image I found while researching.

f742cb33ab9966b2f29ca30025a5c46e.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is all very normal as he is getting ready to shed his face :) looking good and that rock will help once things start to loosen up which will be any day..

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you for your reply...really helped relieve the stress of not understandingwhat is happening. A lot of folks I spoke with weren't sure themselves and it was concerning. Glad to hear it's a normal activities of shedding. So strange that it's so localized.

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Bayne is weird when it comes to shedding. One time it will be just his head, the next it will be his tail, then his body, then he'll do a full body shed, then head, then full body, in no particular order. Its odd, lol.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Bayne is weird when it comes to shedding. One time it will be just his head, the next it will be his tail, then his body, then he'll do a full body shed, then head, then full body, in no particular order. Its odd, lol.

Wait till they get even older. Right now Luci just got done shedding two different spots on his tail and now he's working on just his spine. Not the rest of his back, just the spine LOL!

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wait till they get even older. Right now Luci just got done shedding two different spots on his tail and now he's working on just his spine. Not the rest of his back, just the spine LOL!
Can they control that? If so that's amazing...controlled rejuvenation lol

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea it gets kinda frustrating when they shed in pieces...Izzy is currently starting the very back of her head and beard that's it.. She's also only shed the bottom half of her back... silly dragons

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yeah it's humorous to see. His mouths looking better. He's growing so fast. When I first got him he was about 6-7inches measured him a little over a month later and he's about 10 inches now....I can't believe it. Constantly shedding. So glad I got this guy :)

Now if he can get used to baths...he hates baths

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He's at it again! lol...putting on his joker cosplay....

I am glad I know now that it is shedding.