• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nooby

Lanny haff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey I just joined this group cause I just got into beardies again, there is so much more information available now compared to what was it's amazing. When I got my first dragons there was information that was very limited. Nothing was ever said about burmation and I only found out about it a few days ago. Anyhow I now have 8, 2 adults, 4 juvies and 2 neonates. I don't want anything to happen to them, I have a large enclosure for them outside I live in south Florida so it's plenty warm enough I plan on moving them inside and out during the day some they'll get plenty of sun shine, I have giant day geckos that live out side year round and have for years. I not gonna push on the beardies but theyre going to spend a lot of time out in the back.im going spend a lot of time on this forum seeking information. Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey I just joined this group cause I just got into beardies again, there is so much more information available now compared to what was it's amazing. When I got my first dragons there was information that was very limited. Nothing was ever said about burmation and I only found out about it a few days ago. Anyhow I now have 8, 2 adults, 4 juvies and 2 neonates. I don't want anything to happen to them, I have a large enclosure for them outside I live in south Florida so it's plenty warm enough I plan on moving them inside and out during the day some they'll get plenty of sun shine, I have giant day geckos that live out side year round and have for years. I not gonna push on the beardies but theyre going to spend a lot of time out in the back.im going spend a lot of time on this forum seeking information. Thanks
All those dragons should not be housed together - that is a lot of dragons- they all need their own inside tanks - how are the getting along outside? Dragons are territorial and will fight - males to the death and females and males is not good unless you want babies and males will want to breed all the time --

Lanny haff

Bearded Dragon Egg
All those dragons should not be housed together - that is a lot of dragons- they all need their own inside tanks - how are the getting along outside? Dragons are territorial and will fight - males to the death and females and males is not good unless you want babies and males will want to breed all the time --
They not all together, 2 adults are alone 2juvies are ny themselves and the little ones are together the last beardies I had for 15 years. 3 adults in a 55 gal tank. I'm 81 year old and have been into reptiles since I was 10, I have a rough idea what I'm doing. I've bred snakes turtles and had over 50 tarantulasat one time. I joined your forum because after looking at sites I realized things have changed in some of the lizard keeping. Snakes have always been pretty much the same in their needs but some are differcult but lizards are a different story some are really sensitive in their needs but some can survive on common sense. Anyhow all the beardies seen to enjoy the the hot Florida sunshine and I'll probably keep them out as long as the weather holds. But the day geckos have been outside for a long time and they are hard to catch, I've had to wrap their cage a few times. Thanks for your info on housing my beardies and I'll let you no how they fair, I'll change their care as nessary I like.them and I want them to live long and prosper!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They not all together, 2 adults are alone 2juvies are ny themselves and the little ones are together the last beardies I had for 15 years. 3 adults in a 55 gal tank. I'm 81 year old and have been into reptiles since I was 10, I have a rough idea what I'm doing. I've bred snakes turtles and had over 50 tarantulasat one time. I joined your forum because after looking at sites I realized things have changed in some of the lizard keeping. Snakes have always been pretty much the same in their needs but some are differcult but lizards are a different story some are really sensitive in their needs but some can survive on common sense. Anyhow all the beardies seen to enjoy the the hot Florida sunshine and I'll probably keep them out as long as the weather holds. But the day geckos have been outside for a long time and they are hard to catch, I've had to wrap their cage a few times. Thanks for your info on housing my beardies and I'll let you no how they fair, I'll change their care as nessary I like.them and I want them to live long and prosper!
Surface basking temps and good uvb are the most important thing in the tank-- No coils for uvb cfls are no good- you want long tube fixtures they have certain distance and placement for the two different bulbs- screens play a part in where the uvb goes

Lanny haff

Bearded Dragon Egg
By being outside they get direct sunlight which is far better than a bulb. When it gets colder at night I'll bring them in. I will monitor them closely, I probably have a 1000$ tied

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
By being outside they get direct sunlight which is far better than a bulb. When it gets colder at night I'll bring them in. I will monitor them closely, I probably have a 1000$ tied
Yes outside uvb is the best but you will need uvb's for inside tanks

Lanny haff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah I no, like I said I had beardies before and I had all the nessary lighting. I got into them again because I had good experiences with them but I have old books about them and have a serious lack of information, I never knew they burmated none of the ones never did that I recall
Yes outside uvb is the best but you will need uvb's for inside tanks