• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newish owner. Clinic pet retired and came home.

BPSabelhaus

Bearded Dragon Egg
Mr Wigglesworth has lived at my wifes veterinary clinic for at least five years. Initially the clinic had a vet that saw exotics. They left when the hospital flooded and was closed for a year.

Mr Wigglesworth spent the next year or so living in an aquarium at an employees house until repairs were complete. My wife took over the hospital at that point and Mr Wigglesworth was happy for several years being loved on and cared for well. Which has become a bit of a burden lately with staffing levels. So, we moved him in to our home and the stay at home Dad was given another task to keep up on lol (it’s fine, I’ve been helping for a while)

At the clinic he had been set up on a nice shelf so for home I found an old bathroom vanity to fit which provides space for his things, roach culture etc…. His vivarium is a bit basic and lacking a shelter but it is easy to clean up / out. His entire life has been corporate dried foods and live roaches so I’ll be introducing him to real foods and actual sunshine slowly :)

FADAB82D-1C71-4240-A8E0-9B31C4F1AF08.jpeg
4F531C78-6403-44AA-8F4E-A8FD67FB84D7.jpeg
A0D2693C-857C-4EA1-9594-35D8DE8FF6E4.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mr Wigglesworth has lived at my wifes veterinary clinic for at least five years. Initially the clinic had a vet that saw exotics. They left when the hospital flooded and was closed for a year.

Mr Wigglesworth spent the next year or so living in an aquarium at an employees house until repairs were complete. My wife took over the hospital at that point and Mr Wigglesworth was happy for several years being loved on and cared for well. Which has become a bit of a burden lately with staffing levels. So, we moved him in to our home and the stay at home Dad was given another task to keep up on lol (it’s fine, I’ve been helping for a while)

At the clinic he had been set up on a nice shelf so for home I found an old bathroom vanity to fit which provides space for his things, roach culture etc…. His vivarium is a bit basic and lacking a shelter but it is easy to clean up / out. His entire life has been corporate dried foods and live roaches so I’ll be introducing him to real foods and actual sunshine slowly :)

View attachment 32372View attachment 32374View attachment 32375
Welcome --- glad to hear he is adjusting well -- I do have one request tho - I would lower the UVB to 12-15 inches directly above his basking decor piece -- the height is too high and it looks like your using a 12% bulb -- its a pro T 5 correct? also are you getting surface basking temps w/ the probe next to the hammock? It needs to be placed on the spot where he basks otherwise your getting air temps-- just a suggestion

BPSabelhaus

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome --- glad to hear he is adjusting well -- I do have one request tho - I would lower the UVB to 12-15 inches directly above his basking decor piece -- the height is too high and it looks like your using a 12% bulb -- its a pro T 5 correct? also are you getting surface basking temps w/ the probe next to the hammock? It needs to be placed on the spot where he basks otherwise your getting air temps-- just a suggestion
I’m sure there’s a bit more to do too ;) Yes, he has temp readings on the hot and cold side. I’ll move the hot side to his stone. He doesn’t use the hammock for much beyond shade, but I have some more on order for climbing. The UVB (at least the backup bulbs for it) are HO-T5 14%

I’m very open to changes etc… He’s lived a very sheltered and literally clinical life so far. He’s going to be having his first out door play time in at least several years if not ever in an hour or two when it’s hot.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m sure there’s a bit more to do too ;) Yes, he has temp readings on the hot and cold side. I’ll move the hot side to his stone. He doesn’t use the hammock for much beyond shade, but I have some more on order for climbing. The UVB (at least the backup bulbs for it) are HO-T5 14%

I’m very open to changes etc… He’s lived a very sheltered and literally clinical life so far. He’s going to be having his first out door play time in at least several years if not ever in an hour or two when it’s hot.
Ok the 14% bulb is a good one and strong --- please check that the distance is 17-18 inches directly above his basking decor and its changed out in approx one year I recommend a month prior to -- make sure you get a basking surface temp off that stone w/ a probe - stones can heat up really hot --

BPSabelhaus

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok the 14% bulb is a good one and strong --- please check that the distance is 17-18 inches directly above his basking decor and its changed out in approx one year I recommend a month prior to -- make sure you get a basking surface temp off that stone w/ a probe - stones can heat up really hot --
I wasn’t too keen on any of the light placement anyway. The UV is loose on one side and both spot lights run into each other. For now I’ll make sure it’s more functional for him and plan out moving the lights. The bulb I’m planning on replacing as it is a bit dark on the ends. I think it was last done in November, at least going by the shipping date of the spare.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wasn’t too keen on any of the light placement anyway. The UV is loose on one side and both spot lights run into each other. For now I’ll make sure it’s more functional for him and plan out moving the lights. The bulb I’m planning on replacing as it is a bit dark on the ends. I think it was last done in November, at least going by the shipping date of the spare.
What is the size of the tank? It is actually too high for a dragon - they need more floor space that height- a 4x2x2 is recommended for a adult dragon

BPSabelhaus

Bearded Dragon Egg
What is the size of the tank? It is actually too high for a dragon - they need more floor space that height- a 4x2x2 is recommended for a adult dragon
Interior floor space is slightly larger at 50 in long and 25 in deep. Height is 33 in which I figured was a bit high. I was actually thinking about adding a loft area to explore over the cool side and lower that UV light.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Interior floor space is slightly larger at 50 in long and 25 in deep. Height is 33 in which I figured was a bit high. I was actually thinking about adding a loft area to explore over the cool side and lower that UV light.
Just remember if you keep the 14% it has to be 17-18 inches- any closer it's going to be too strong