• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tomatoman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Due to its nature, I think the bearded dragon kind of perfect for me to take it as a pet. With my busy day job and only have the time during weekend, I guess I need to dig more info about this reptile thing. Expect a dumb or silly question from me. Thank you. Sorry if my English is not good.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Bearded dragons are pretty social animals with their humans. They thrive on attention. They need to eat every day and they need their tanks kept clean every day. Babies need to eat bugs a few times a day and you can't leave bugs in the tank because they may bite the dragon. If your job is too busy to be able to do that then I wouldn't take in a dragon. Maybe an animal that is nocturnal or diurnal. Something like tree frogs or a crested gecko that are more hands off kind of pets and eat at night.

tomatoman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for your input, Patsy. Between gecko and beardie, I am not making any final decision yet. But looking into my lifestyle, you are right, gecko seems perfect for me, but it's not stopping me to know more about a bearded dragon.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Crested geckos have the added benefit of eating a largely packaged-food diet. Not as many insects to deal with. And they are so adorable. Those little “eyelashes!” *swoon*
My son has a leopard gecko, and he’s so adorable. They are almost exclusively a live-insect diet. That’s just two options. So there are lots of options in the gecko world to fit whatever you’re looking for, if your further research leads you more toward geckos.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Crested geckos have the added benefit of eating a largely packaged-food diet. Not as many insects to deal with. And they are so adorable. Those little “eyelashes!” *swoon*
My son has a leopard gecko, and he’s so adorable. They are almost exclusively a live-insect diet. That’s just two options. So there are lots of options in the gecko world to fit whatever you’re looking for, if your further research leads you more toward geckos.

That's true. I have a crested gecko and I love that her diet is mostly the packaged slop. She gets bugs once a week but doesn't always want them and only eats a few at a time.