• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie here

Laura1412

Bearded Dragon Egg
evening all I'm a new bearded dragon mummy I av got a male beardie called sid I was told he was 2/3 years old he was not bein looked after properly by his owner so I offered to take him he is in a 3 ft viv now iv joined im goin to make changes and correct all the wrongs for him bless him this is my sid

Attachments

• IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    907.7 KB · Views: 28

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
evening all I'm a new bearded dragon mummy I av got a male beardie called sid I was told he was 2/3 years old he was not bein looked after properly by his owner so I offered to take him he is in a 3 ft viv now iv joined im goin to make changes and correct all the wrongs for him bless him this is my sid

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad that you took this stunning fella in to give him a good home..let us know how he does and what questions you may have!

Laura1412

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad that you took this stunning fella in to give him a good home..let us know how he does and what questions you may have!
Thanks so much for your reply my first help I need is my temps what should they be under basking n cold side I av got adimming thermostat attached to the wall about an inch of the floor and set the temp to 37 i av a metal temp probe laid under the bulb and that reads 40/41 the bulb is a 60w basking spot bulb but at the cold side I av a wooden table with a half log under it were he sleeps at night and in the day he lays on the top of it that's the pic iv uploaded but if I dont keep the viv doors slightly open at each end the temp on top of the table reaches 33/34 and 29 underneath firstly we're do u advised I put the thermostat probe or av I got this right the image is below

Attachments

• IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He looks like a real sweetie! The analog temp gauges are no good because they only measure the temp where the gauge is, not where the beardie will ever be. You want to put the probe right in the basking spot under the light. Temp guns are also a good idea because they are more portable and you don't have wires all over your tank. It's too early for me to do the conversions but you want your temps in the basking area to be around 98 degrees fahrenheit for an adult and the cool side should be around 80 degrees fahrenheit.

Just wanted to mention that sand can harbor bacteria and can cause skin issues and eye issues along with impaction if eaten.

Laura1412

Bearded Dragon Egg
He looks like a real sweetie! The analog temp gauges are no good because they only measure the temp where the gauge is, not where the beardie will ever be. You want to put the probe right in the basking spot under the light. Temp guns are also a good idea because they are more portable and you don't have wires all over your tank. It's too early for me to do the conversions but you want your temps in the basking area to be around 98 degrees fahrenheit for an adult and the cool side should be around 80 degrees fahrenheit.

Just wanted to mention that sand can harbor bacteria and can cause skin issues and eye issues along with impaction if eaten.
Thanks pasty I av since my message outed the sand and I have got a digital thermometer probe under my basking bulb constantly which is around 38/39c I don't use the anologue thermometer as I no they rubbish I also have a temp gun thank u so much for ur help I'm learning all that he came to me withwas no good since the forum help there's the box now the sand is out

Attachments

• IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11