• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie Beardie

roccostar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I've had my new dragon "Diesel" for about a week! I never thought I'd have a bearded dragon, but I love him/her so much already! I love just watching him. (I'm just going to call him 'him', since I guess gender is unknown?) He's still so tiny. He loves his crickets! He started eating vegetables more recently. He seemed very sketchy of me at first, but the more I talk to him, and give him goodies off my hands, and hang out with him outside his home, he seemed to like that a lot, and didn't want to go back into his tank! I've attached a pic of him, but I've added a lot more to his tank since! A background, a cactus tree, etc etc. dragon.JPG Anyways, I can't wait to see him grow up, and be awesome!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and to the world of beardies!!

Take a peek at the links below several of our comments as we have put together all the info you could possibly need to care for these amazing creatures!! we cover basking/UVB bulbs, substrate suggestions, temps, food items with links, supplements, brumation and much more!!

Ask whatever you need and we will help you out..

roccostar

Bearded Dragon Egg
I do have one question, we were told to have him on pellets as his flooring for now, then move him on to the turf you can buy at the petstore? When should I change the bottom so that he isn't walking around on pellets anymore??? I've done a lot research, and haven't seen anyones dragon on a pellet flooring. Thank you in advance. I'm so thankful to have found this site!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I do have one question, we were told to have him on pellets as his flooring for now, then move him on to the turf you can buy at the petstore? When should I change the bottom so that he isn't walking around on pellets anymore??? I've done a lot research, and haven't seen anyones dragon on a pellet flooring. Thank you in advance. I'm so thankful to have found this site!
Yes remove any loose substrate as it just isn't safe no matter what they tell you.. Some can do sand but those are typically adults that are well hydrated, and the husbandry has to be spot on...
Tile, non adhesive shelf liner, paper towels, repti carpet are all perfect to use.. so anytime you want to remove them do it..