• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newb: Custom build ?'s for adult male.

zenmarie3

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey y'all!
I'm new here. Newish to bearded dragons. We are re-homing a fully rehabbed adult male and are planning on doing a custom build (thinking corner build).

If y'all could give any advice on what you would be sure to add/ be sure of before you built it, what would it be?

I have been lurking around and think I've figured out lighting, but would totally take any advice on that. Looking to build something to last him a lifetime! TIA!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey y'all!
I'm new here. Newish to bearded dragons. We are re-homing a fully rehabbed adult male and are planning on doing a custom build (thinking corner build).

If y'all could give any advice on what you would be sure to add/ be sure of before you built it, what would it be?

I have been lurking around and think I've figured out lighting, but would totally take any advice on that. Looking to build something to last him a lifetime! TIA!
I have asked for some help from someone who may be able to give some input

zenmarie3

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have asked for some help from someone who may be able to give some input
Thank you so much! He arrived today. He is an adult male, 3 1/2 years old, 17 inches long from tip of tail to tip of nose.

We are thinking about making it 6 ft tall, 4 ft long and then 3.5 ft wide. Does this seem to be a good size for him?

At this point in time I retract my statement about lighting lol. Would I need more than one of those Arcadia lights? I was going to get a 36" one with the 12% bulb. Then a basking lamp is the only other lamp I will need right? I will also get a heating element.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much! He arrived today. He is an adult male, 3 1/2 years old, 17 inches long from tip of tail to tip of nose.

We are thinking about making it 6 ft tall, 4 ft long and then 3.5 ft wide. Does this seem to be a good size for him?

At this point in time I retract my statement about lighting lol. Would I need more than one of those Arcadia lights? I was going to get a 36" one with the 12% bulb. Then a basking lamp is the only other lamp I will need right? I will also get a heating element.
I am hoping to hear from him soon - I will let you know