• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New unkwnown lamp Arcadia D3+ 12UVB

Rwtf8

Hatchling Dragon
Hello!
I've received new lamp for my bearded dragon: Arcadia D3+12 UVB Desert HO-T5.
First thing is that I'm not able to find that lamp on Arcadia website, pinged them in Facebook and still waiting for an answer.
And the question: how suitable that lam might be for enclosure with 45cm height. Distance from basking spot to the lamp is 30-32cm. According to the guide on the lamp package, this is bare minimum, BUT I don't have a reflector.

Bouth that lamp on Amazon.de from Arcadia reseller - should not be a fake :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello!
First thing is that I'm not able to find that lamp on Arcadia website, pinged them in Facebook and still waiting for an answer.
And the question: how suitable that lam might be for enclosure with 45cm height. Distance from basking spot to the lamp is 30-32cm. According to the guide on the lamp package, this is bare minimum, BUT I don't have a reflector.

I will help you when I get home- you need a fixture/ hood for the bulb-- I can post a website for that - are you in the UK?

Pringle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!

I got the same lamp for my soon to be here beardie, and for best results you do need to get the reflector. How do you have the lamp mounted? Try looking up for the reflector, but I doubt you would find any that are not in a kit already so you would have to buy a full kit, which is a bit pricey. Distance between the lamp and animal at basking should be 30-45cm high.

Screenshot_20220913-111539_Chrome.jpg

Pringle

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will help you when I get home- you need a fixture/ hood for the bulb-- I can post a website for that - are you in the UK?
"amazon.de"......
They are in Germany I suppose, not in UK

(If you don't mind me butting in)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Distance for a 12% bulb inside the tank w/ a reflector is 12-15 inches -- please find the correct size hood/ fixture

Pringle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Distance for a 12% bulb inside the tank w/ a reflector is 12-15 inches -- please find the correct size hood/ fixture
Once again, I don't think OP is in the UK.
I already said what you said, and reflector cannot be bought on it's own.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club