• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to this

Landi Willis

Bearded Dragon Egg
My daughter is obsessed with Bearded Dragons and wants one for christmas. I have read two books on them to get myself educated. Are the starter tanks at Petsmart good to start with since we are new to this journey? I have guides that I am reading up on but I don't know if the lighting it comes with actually good for the beardie. I read somewhere not to use the red light because they see red? I have so many questions and just want to be able to care for it the best way possible without breaking the bank.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome, and great for doing your research before you got your beardie!

The starter kits are no good. Most of the stuff in there shouldn't be used. They don't have the proper lighting, proper food, proper substrate...so you're paying for lots of things that shouldn't be used.

If you look under the General Discussion section of the forum, there's General info/set up 1st timers post that goes over some of the basics. If you poke around the forum, there's a wealth of information. If you still have questions, feel free to ask! This is a great place to get all the info to keep a new baby happy and healthy.