• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to this

Eragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello,

we have reocently pruchased a baby bearded dragon. We have named it Eragon right now it is aprox 7 weeks old (13cm long). We love it but have never owned a reptile before. So i was hoping to get some advie for proper care.

When we first brought it home we had it in a tank that was 30cmW x 30cmL x 43cmH. We have since moved him to a bigger space that is now 60cmL x 43cmW x 43cmH. We move it because we found that there was no difference in temperature in the tank.
My concern now is the humity, when it was in teh smaller area the hydrometer read 40 but since we have moved in to the bigger area the meter has dropped to 20. Is this normal ??? If not could you please let me know how i can fix this problem.

Thanks,
Shawn and Krystal

p1010080c.th.jpg

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,
Congrats on your new Beardie, Humidity isnt so much a factor with a beardie as temps, there is a caresheet linked to the main page of this site that provides very good info.
Welcome aboard

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome.

Bearded dragon care is pretty simple once you get the basics down. Here's a link to our cheat sheet.
Bearded Dragon Care

As far as humidity goes, it is reccomended to keep your humidity levels low, no higher than about 35% - 50%.

Eragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok thanx :) yeah the temperature in the basking area is 100-105 and the cooler area is about 85.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Perfect! Are you using a digital probe thermometer to measure the temps?

Eragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yes, also i have the little ones that stick on the glass but i used the digital one often i just keep the other ones on the tank.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good. The stick on thermometers are known to be off by 20 degrees at times.

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi there and welcome. congrats on your baby! you've come to the right place to find your answers.