• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to this entire experience, but loving it!

ChelsG427

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! We were given 2 baby beardies for Christmas: Cliff and Peach. From this forum I have learned that I need to get them seperated ASAP, and I’m searching for the best way to do so, because I cannot afford another vivarium at this point in time. As I’ve read here, Cliff is growing stronger, while Peach isn’t growing as fast, but closely monitoring has been successful thus far. Through this forum I have learned a ton, that has taught me that the pet stores cannot be a reliable source. I have returned all lights, and currently use Mercury Vapor. I will never use an Exo Terra sand mat again bc of how hard cleanup is and the odor was horrendous! I have swapped to ceramic tile which has been amazing. I have another piece that I could use to seperate their enclosure, but I’m afraid of it falling, so I’m thinking more about using plexi glass instead? I definitely don’t want a fire hazard and I do know that it will only be temporary because they will need more space in time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, because honestly I learn something new every day! I have the foam rock wall, but my light was too hot and melted it some, so the crickets just hop right inside and hide. I want to keep it, or replace it, because Cliff really loves the wall. I started out with meal worms but quickly learned that both beardies are so different! They prefer live crickets, and will not touch any sort of freeze dried mix or dragon food. I also offer them kale and arugala, they weren’t too fond of collards. I have the calcium powder that I’m using as well. I quickly learned that the small cricket keeper was not big enough so I made a home for our crickets, and thought about breeding them, but I honestly have my hands full with just the beardies at this point. I would love advice on anything that I have mentioned thus far especially separating them and the best way to properly sanitize. The cleaners at pet stores don’t exactly seem safe, so I’m looking into ordering chlorehexadine solution ? Their terrarium is 39X18 inched so I think they will have enough room, if seperated, at least until I can buy another one.

Attachments

• 7A588D85-1F36-4E7B-8070-E22A817655A8.jpeg
    7A588D85-1F36-4E7B-8070-E22A817655A8.jpeg
    843.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DAC99261-40EE-4704-BC34-E823FE12B8C0.jpeg
    DAC99261-40EE-4704-BC34-E823FE12B8C0.jpeg
    715.1 KB · Views: 14