• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to all this

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
taking care of my sons breaded dragon rexie while he is deployed. am so worried about her she is swallowing alot scraping her head and belly on her rock I'm concerned I've only had her a week and a half some videos I've watched say she might be shedding do to stress of moving and getting used to her new environment I really hope there right I've come to love her already please any advice would help

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
taking care of my sons breaded dragon rexie while he is deployed. am so worried about her she is swallowing alot scraping her head and belly on her rock I'm concerned I've only had her a week and a half some videos I've watched say she might be shedding do to stress of moving and getting used to her new environment I really hope there right I've come to love her already please any advice would help
Yes it sounds like she is going into shed --- she will go thru a period of relocation stress and may not eat but you need to make sure Rexie has the correct basking temps and correct UVB -- How old is Rexie? If you can please post pics of her tank and lighting so we can keep her good and healthy while your son is gone

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes it sounds like she is going into shed --- she will go thru a period of relocation stress and may not eat but you need to make sure Rexie has the correct basking temps and correct UVB -- How old is Rexie? If you can please post pics of her tank and lighting so we can keep her good and healthy while your son is gone

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Sadie thank you fir replying I don't know her age my son found her unfortunately someone dumped her she was skinny very malnourished when he found her she was small he has had her about 6 Mos she has gained her health back and grown and has been checked for parasites so I can not say for sure how old she is but she is the sweetest thing ever, I've grown so close to her in such a short time here is a picture.

Attachments

• 16386713361577220955168435498679.jpg
    16386713361577220955168435498679.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Sadie thank you fir replying I don't know her age my son found her unfortunately someone dumped her she was skinny very malnourished when he found her she was small he has had her about 6 Mos she has gained her health back and grown and has been checked for parasites so I can not say for sure how old she is but she is the sweetest thing ever, I've grown so close to her in such a short time here is a picture.
Ok well please get her the correct lighting she won't live w/ out it- please show me what your using we need to go over this to keep her healthy it's crucial

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi Sadie here is the lighting I'm using .it's placed to the correct inches as it states on the instructions she has a spot for basking in the heat and up and a cool spot so she can also cool down when she gets to hot .I have to thermostat digital and a stick up both read about the same give or take a few degrees.

Attachments

• 16386723539935516222159941125048.jpg
    16386723539935516222159941125048.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi Sadie here is the lighting I'm using .it's placed to the correct inches as it states on the instructions she has a spot for basking in the heat and up and a cool spot so she can also cool down when she gets to hot .I have to thermostat digital and a stick up both read about the same give or take a few degrees.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok is one of those bulbs a coil? I am assuming there are two bulbs in that dome? You need to get rid of the coil ASAP-- they cause all kind of health issues- they are inadequate for uvb- I am going to post links in the morning for you that she needs- this stuff is crucial to her overall health and behavior-

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi Sadie oh my gosh she shredded her belly skin and leg and head skin came off I gave her a Luke warm bath it must of helped I know your never to remove any part of there skin I didn't she did that on her own the bath must have help she is back to eating and she came running to me oh I can breath wow how you can get so attached to these beautiful Creatures is amazing..

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi Sadie oh my gosh she shredded her belly skin and leg and head skin came off I gave her a Luke warm bath it must of helped I know your never to remove any part of there skin I didn't she did that on her own the bath must have help she is back to eating and she came running to me oh I can breath wow how you can get so attached to these beautiful Creatures is amazing..
You just do :). I will help you get that tank set up correctly tomorrow

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
please order this for Rexie ASAP-- she needs good UVB and these are the best on the market at this time
a 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank
Zoo Med this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb please hang on to it for a back up you will need a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...-12-uvb-bulb-with-hood?variant=39549895475242 this one is out of stock but last I saw on petsmarts website they were / are now carrying this brand you can check at petsmart and see if they have this one its a great fixture and bulb
or this one
Sunblaster Nano Tech this one also comes w/a bulb you want the 2 ft or 24"
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers one for the cool side of the tank and one for the basking side she needs her basking temps 95-100 this is surface temps not air or ambient temps take the probe place it on the spot where she sits to bask https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...meters/products/zoo-med-digital-thermometer-- wait 10 min or so then get the temp you dont need to leave the probe there but spot check about every 10 days or so -- she also needs a hygrometer https://dubiaroaches.com/products/exo-terra-digital-hygrometer?variant=21432314265685 you want humidity levels of 40-50% that is optimal nothing below 20% and nothing above 70%
Cool side of the tank should be 80's during the day and not below 65 at nite -- dragons like it cool and dark --
Dubia roaches are a great staple feeder I would order some from the site I posted for the hygrometer they are the cheapest and best roaches I have found yet - you can set up a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food w/ some dubia dew for hydration they will also eat fruit carrots squash not so much greens please do not feed Rexie carrots if your feeding the roaches too much Vit A - this place also has great hornworms they are a hydrating worm order in small amounts they grow really fast and feed her 1-2 every day or so --
Rexie should be getting calcium D 3 on her insects when you feed them and those should be fed 2-3 times per week -- is she eating her greens? If so you wont need to feed Vitamins if shes a good salad eater - let me know please -- also rinse the greens before serving she will get her hydration from them here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
what kind of substrate are you using? I cant tell what it is also does she have a hide?
Please ask questions and I can try and help

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Sadie I ordered the lighting already last stayed up all night researching also investing in tiles going to menards today as sand can cause an impaction with breaded dragons I've been feeding here Dubia roaches some super worms gut freeze dried gut loaded crickets and she loves her greens which is kale bok choy celery greens she likes Swiss chard too.

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Sadie I ordered the lighting already last stayed up all night researching also investing in tiles going to menards today as sand can cause an impaction with breaded dragons I've been feeding here Dubia roaches some super worms gut freeze dried gut loaded crickets and she loves her greens which is kale bok choy celery greens she likes Swiss chard too.
she also likes meal worms once in awhile going she did have a vet visit 4 days ago the vet said a she looked very healthy I know things can go wrong really fast with breadies after reading up on them and I will do my best to keep her healthy my son intruded me with his baby while he is deployed and I will do everything to keep her save .

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she also likes meal worms once in awhile going she did have a vet visit 4 days ago the vet said a she looked very healthy I know things can go wrong really fast with breadies after reading up on them and I will do my best to keep her healthy my son intruded me with his baby while he is deployed and I will do everything to keep her save .
What did you order for a UVB?

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi Sadie I ordered the 10.0 t5 tube light uvb also ordered the hood mount ordered few more digital thermometers to place in her tank and a few other things .

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got her a ceramic rock water fountain with pump she is in a 50 gallon set up for now she gets out time to I know when she gets much bigger she will need much more run but for now this will have to do

lil-sis

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got her a ceramic rock water fountain with pump she is in a 50 gallon set up for now she gets out time to I know when she gets much bigger she will need much more run but for now this will have to do
wow can't spell for nothing today lol been up most the night doing research on various things so I really need a nap