• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner

MrSelmy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, new owner of a beardie, i got him on 26th of Nov and all ive been able to get him to eat were some mealworms on the day, ive read around and people are saying it could be down to stress of a new home or the time of year causing brumation, just wanted some advice, any and all is very appreciated!

MrSelmy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Also forgot to add that he is going on 7 months old so I was expecting him to be ravenous with food

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also forgot to add that he is going on 7 months old so I was expecting him to be ravenous with food
He will go thru relocation stress- so he's eating will be off- let's go over the uvb coil or tube ? Basking temps need to be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- and this needs to be surface temps not ambient- these things I am asking are crucial to the overall health and behavior-

MrSelmy

Bearded Dragon Egg
He will go thru relocation stress- so he's eating will be off- let's go over the uvb coil or tube ? Basking temps need to be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- and this needs to be surface temps not ambient- these things I am asking are crucial to the overall health and behavior-
The top of his basking spot reaches from 104 to 96f and I have it running from 8 to 8 atm

MrSelmy

Bearded Dragon Egg
also thank you for the response and here is the set up atm

Attachments

• 1CBA80BA-0D79-4B7F-B9CC-9C6612EEC797.jpeg
    1CBA80BA-0D79-4B7F-B9CC-9C6612EEC797.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
also thank you for the response and here is the set up atm
What brand of uvb are you using please-- distance is imperative and is there a reflector on the uvb fixture?

MrSelmy

Bearded Dragon Egg
it is 14% and for reference here is a picture, it is 21 inches off the bottom of the tank

Attachments

• EC0D18D9-8CC0-4D4A-A676-0F8D6261C9A4.jpeg
    EC0D18D9-8CC0-4D4A-A676-0F8D6261C9A4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it is 14% and for reference here is a picture, it is 21 inches off the bottom of the tank
Is the bulb in a fixture w/ reflector? If not please get the bulb in a fixture the rays need to be directed downward towards him the 14% is a good strong bulb distance should be 17-18 inches directly above the basking decor-

MrSelmy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the advice, I’ll move the bulb tonight and let you know how it gets on!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the advice, I’ll move the bulb tonight and let you know how it gets on!
Ok I would also recommend getting a digital probe hygrometer -- place the probe on the back center of wall in the tank -- Zoo Med sells them -- you want the humidity in the tank 40-50 % is optimal nothing below 20% and nothing over 70%