• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner!

Danielle Bucher

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have had other reptiles this is the first bearded dragon, her name is Daenerys, queen of the dragons! She is so sweet, she's very active, I have her in a 30 gallon tank,, I think? The cool side says 82/84 no thermometer on the lamp side yet, but I'm guessing it's hotter, is this ok for her? Some are saying no to cold some are saying it's ok?! She's only been here 2 days & she's great at eating ,, she's a Humane Society rescue, she was starved with no lights! She has Metabolic Bone Disease, we love her already so much, I wanna make sure she has the best life now!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have had other reptiles this is the first bearded dragon, her name is Daenerys, queen of the dragons! She is so sweet, she's very active, I have her in a 30 gallon tank,, I think? The cool side says 82/84 no thermometer on the lamp side yet, but I'm guessing it's hotter, is this ok for her? Some are saying no to cold some are saying it's ok?! She's only been here 2 days & she's great at eating ,, she's a Humane Society rescue, she was starved with no lights! She has Metabolic Bone Disease, we love her already so much, I wanna make sure she has the best life now!!
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of beardies.. If you take a look under several of our comments we have put together a ton of info that anyone can use at some point for reference.. there are some links that will take you to the general care section..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome! How old do you think she is? The cool side temp is good, the basking spot is the most important temp to know though. Adult dragons 18+ months need a basking spot around 98 degrees and babies need a basking spot of around 107 degrees.