• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner to a special baby beardie + food questions

Cyanic

Hatchling Dragon
Adopted this lovely baby from the pet store I work at, I’ve decided to name her Tripod. I’m not too sure of her age, I know it’s around 2 months, but I believe she’s also stunted a bit. What she lacks in a leg she makes up for in attitude!

hot spots at ~108, uvb coil bulb is getting switched out for a proper light as soon as it gets here.
For food, should I dust her crickets and salad with calcium+D3? Do I do that with every feeding? Are there any other vitamins i should be adding to her diet?
8332ED95-603C-4E3D-AFFE-F42FF2A27988.jpeg
985ECE17-0406-43B3-8E8D-525C1A4537C1.jpeg

and If anyone has any tips and tricks for a new beardie mom, please feel free to share!

Cyanic

Hatchling Dragon
She’s also been to the vet for a suspected respiratory infection and mouth rot, and is on antibiotics! I’m occasionally giving her carnivore care and repti-boost, since she isn’t too interested in eating.
I give her a soak every day or so, and she usually drinks quite a bit while she’s in it.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
These are what i use, i give calcium every other feeding, sometimes I forget, I give the multi vitamin every other day, and the liquid vitamin every other week (drip it on a bug) , bee pollen on salad or bugs once a week, the Electrolyte soak every bath time (every Friday)

Attachments

• 6474ED40-318B-4AAA-915D-C39D86C4E85B.jpeg
    6474ED40-318B-4AAA-915D-C39D86C4E85B.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 521D5FEF-B707-46DA-8888-85F658A452EB.jpeg
    521D5FEF-B707-46DA-8888-85F658A452EB.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For food, should I dust her crickets and salad with calcium+D3? Do I do that with every feeding? Are there any other vitamins i should be adding to her diet?
She needs D3 5 x per week ONCE PER FEEDING --- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE PER FEEDING - please dust only the insects -- lightly coat them when you get the T 5 UVB its going to help w/ that calcium your giving-- you do not need any other supplements --- between the calcium the vitamins and the good UVB you should be good -- I would lay off he baths she does not need that many ---- rinse the salads before serving shes going to get moisture thru them and gut loaded crickets -- feed them good and make sure they are hydrated either w / carrots or water pellets etc ---