• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner light questions

BelleIce23

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I plan on getting a bearded dragon soon and I had some enclosure and light questions. I currently have a 48 x 18 x 18 enclosure, and 2 deep dish lights and one dual deep dish light. I was planning on having 2 UVA/heat bulbs in the the dual light for basking, and using the 2 separate deep dish lights for UVB. Does this sound ok? I currently have set up the dual light with one UVA and one UVB but it only reaches 70 degrees instead of the recommended high 90’s to 110. The cool side is 60’s but with more lights I thought it would warm up. Does this sound good, or do you have any suggestions?

BelleIce23

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok, thank you! I was wondering about the 24” fixture because I saw that it can as just the light/tube thing, but how do you mount it on the cage? Do they have a fixture sold separately? I also have the Reptisun 10.0 UVB light bulb. For the UVA, I have the Repti Basking Spot Lamp 75watts. I also have another UVA bulb but have no idea what type it is. I also do have a heat gun but have been using stick ons, so thanks for the info!

BelleIce23

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks! The Reptisun 10.0 is a bulb. I found a good Reptisun T5 on Amazon. How would you mount it inside the enclosure?