• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner, advice needed

Stacey98

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi guys. I’m new to this I was added a few days ago. I need advice on something, can I post it here or can someone tell me where I can post it? Thanks for accepting me

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi Stacey, welcome to the forum. There is a section for any questions you may have, if there is one specific for your questions, then please use it, or the General Bearded Dragon Discussion section for questions that dont fit elsewhere.

Stacey98

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay thanks. My beardie is 10 months old. He was acting strange a few days ago for a few days I thought it was brumation (he was awake but not moving from behind his log where it’s quiet) but I remember I changed the setting for his light to come on an hour later which was the problem as I changed it back and he’s fine now. But he isn’t anywhere near as active as he can be and has pooped in a week. He eats plenty of the right stuff (I’ve been giving it to him since I’ve had him). I would give him a warm bath and rub his belly but I’m afraid the problem could be that he’s about to shed too and if it is that I don’t wanna touch him cause it’s clearly a sore shed. Can anyone offer me any reassurance? Or advice? Thanks in advance

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A lot of people have been having the same problem, including myself, but its more of a natural process rather than a problem. My female has been down for a week now, about the same age as yours, so technically too young to brumate. This semi brumation is worrying when its the first time youve seen it. Its usually accompanied by a loss of appetite, lots of sleeping. Plus no food and no basking means no poops.
Firstly you need to check the basics, bulbs, temperatures/humidity. If your dragon starts losing weight too rapidly, you may need a vet visit for a fecal check for parasites as these can mimic the symptoms described above. Otherwise just be patient, make sure there is plenty of food there if its eaten or not. I dont know how long the process takes, my male only went down for 4 days and then got lively again, lulu is at a week and has slept almost the entire time.

Stacey98

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ahh okay that’s very reassuring to know. He’s pooped since I posted this so that’s always a good sign. Thanks so much

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi guys. I’m new to this I was added a few days ago. I need advice on something, can I post it here or can someone tell me where I can post it? Thanks for accepting me
Yes you can search thru and post your questions where you think they are appropriate, but don't worry as admin we can move posts to where they will get seen more.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You want to have a fecal done before winter and in the spring.. Your dragon is a bit to young and as stated likely will partially brumate. Keep in mind parasites will mimic brumation so it's very important to have them vetted and a fecal done. As un treated the parasites can kill a dragon that is trying to sleep as the parasites take all the food stores from your beardie..