• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New mommy of a new beardie

Warreen

Bearded Dragon Egg
My name is Warreen I recently bought a 6 week old beardie name Lily. My ? Is all she wants to eat are mealworms no crickets. Is this okay?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello and welcome to the Forum! Mealworms can be very bad for juvenile bearded dragons as they can cause impaction. So I would suggest only feeding small crickets and small dubia roaches.

Also I just wanted to mention this since you're a new bearded dragon owner. Just make sure that you have a UVB tube light as they're very important and most of the time pet stores don't tell you you need one.

Warreen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello and welcome to the Forum! Mealworms can be very bad for juvenile bearded dragons as they can cause impaction. So I would suggest only feeding small crickets and small dubia roaches.

Also I just wanted to mention this since you're a new bearded dragon owner. Just make sure that you have a UVB tube light as they're very important and most of the time pet stores don't tell you you need one.
Thank you for the info. I do have the UVB LIGHT

Tysm I do have a UVB LIGHT. I will try crickets again but I had no luck with them for her. How many crickets should she eat and how many times a day? I also give her butternut squash and dandelion greens
15969370245421258233212199884877.jpg

Silver bearded drag

Rodney Kirtsinger

Bearded Dragon Egg
My name is Warreen I recently bought a 6 week old beardie name Lily. My ? Is all she wants to eat are mealworms no crickets. Is this okay?
Mealworms have a lot of exoskeleton crickets not so much. Both have the potential to cause an intestinal blockage because they are very difficult to digest. Superworms are easier to digest but not recommended as a stable diet : your Beardie might be interested with them. Nevertheless, you should try to wean off the mealworms. Hornworms can be fed every 2 or 3 days; they are easier to digest, very juicy and Beardies find them irresistible.

KodeofLife

Bearded Dragon Egg
Honestly from what I hear is that mealworms causes impaction do they really aren't that good for them and crickets aren't really that good anyways because they tend to have parasites.