• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New mommie here!

Tangiesmomma

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all, so happy I found this place. I am a new momma of supposedly 4 month old beardie, she looks bigger to me. Anywho she has been fine and calm the last few weeks. Today is the third day of what I call her attitude, she loves superworms and have not eaten any her belly and neck are full of stress marks and I'm not sure why. She'll eat a couple of greens if I hand feed her and she's drinking water as well as pooping but she does not seem to be happy. Please help!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all, so happy I found this place. I am a new momma of supposedly 4 month old beardie, she looks bigger to me. Anywho she has been fine and calm the last few weeks. Today is the third day of what I call her attitude, she loves superworms and have not eaten any her belly and neck are full of stress marks and I'm not sure why. She'll eat a couple of greens if I hand feed her and she's drinking water as well as pooping but she does not seem to be happy. Please help!
Welcome to the forum--- your little baby is going thru relocation stress -- which is normal --- she needs time to adjust to her tank and surroundings so please hold off w/ baths and holding - her eating is going to be off as well - please no more super worms she will get hooked and then she wont anything else - please get a staple feeder like crickets - dubia roaches - BSFL or silk worms - I recommend dubia roaches they are the best feeder and easier to keep --- first lets go over you lighting in the tank w/ out it being correct she will stop eating and you do not want that -- surface basking temps and good UVB no coils are imperative!! First her basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer place the probe on the spot where she basks wait 10 min or so get the temp -- critical -- your UVB should be a long tube fixture like a 24" Zoo Med or a 24" Arcadia Pro T 5 for a 40 + gallon tank - also critical -- these things I have posted about are the lifeline to your dragon --- I can help you get your tank set up so she does not get sick - please ask more questions and I can help you - I can post websites for insects/ and worms a nutrition website as well - she should be getting fresh salads every morning along w/ her insects dusted every day w/ supplements -

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

TEKIZOO UVA UVB Sun Lamp High Intensity Self-Ballasted Heat Basking Lamp/Light/Bulb for Reptile and Amphibian (80W)​

Ok not a good brand- china made- if you want to switch to a regular solid clear bright white basking bulb I would do that- examples would be a Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- or a Zoo Med repti basking bulb those are examples - as long as they are solid clear bright white and keep temps to 105-110 your good- uvb most mvb's do not emit enough uvb most often we recommend another uvb to supplement the uvb he's not getting from the mvb- what size is the tank? I will send links to mvb's if you want to stay w/ the mvb and links to good uvb's-- to me mvb's are just glorified basking bulbs and expensive

Tangiesmomma

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok not a good brand- china made- if you want to switch to a regular solid clear bright white basking bulb I would do that- examples would be a Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- or a Zoo Med repti basking bulb those are examples - as long as they are solid clear bright white and keep temps to 105-110 your good- uvb most mvb's do not emit enough uvb most often we recommend another uvb to supplement the uvb he's not getting from the mvb- what size is the tank? I will send links to mvb's if you want to stay w/ the mvb and links to good uvb's-- to me mvb's are just glorified basking bulbs and expensive
That'll be great! Thanks. I was using exo terra intense basking bulb but I worried about the uvb portion. I just switched it about a week ago. I will switch it back

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That'll be great! Thanks. I was using exo terra intense basking bulb but I worried about the uvb portion. I just switched it about a week ago. I will switch it back
The Exo Terra intense basking bulb is only a basking bulb no uvb-- I will get some links posted for uvb's you need to order it right away what size is your tank?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For a 40 + gallon tank you want a 24" Zoo Med fixture this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb if your tank is a 20 gallon this will work -- if our tank is 40 you will need this 22" bulb Reptisun 10.0 T 5 -- the two bulbs have certain placement and distance please let me know what size tank so I can help you place this fixture
next one is a 24" Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - both of these are very good - you will need to replace the bulb in approx one year for the T 5's I recommend a month prior to
Please let me know when you get the fixture and which one you got -- I will help you get it placed for your tank - it will depend on the screen your using
In the meantime lets work on his diet I can post links for insects/ and worms etc

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
20 for now
Ok so your best uvb is the 24" zoo med - there is a 5.0 bulb that will come w/ this fixture which would be good for the 20 gallon- you will need to take the screen off I will help you get it set up for your 20 gallon- when you upgrade your tank which you will need to do that in a few months-
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756
Let me know when you get the uvb please get this right away he needs the uvb