• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

CLEsteamer77

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! My name is Casandra, I recently got involved with wanting to get a juvenile bearded dragon. My boyfriend and I are super stoked on getting this little one today. What are some good tips for first time owners?
I did my research and made a check list of the necessities but I would love to hear what your pro tips are.
Please & thank you!

b2869035ca05aee6b9d0003798d81337.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Hi! My name is Casandra, I recently got involved with wanting to get a juvenile bearded dragon. My boyfriend and I are super stoked on getting this little one today. What are some good tips for first time owners?
I did my research and made a check list of the necessities but I would love to hear what your pro tips are.
Please & thank you!

b2869035ca05aee6b9d0003798d81337.jpg

-heat bulb (you can get a halogen flood bulb for cheaper, i dont know wattage or anything because ive never used one but a lot of people recommend them.)
-a tube uvb bulb, you want it to cover at the very least half of the tank. you want a t5 if its going on top of the tank, a t8 if it goes on the inside.
-some perches and stuff for them to climb on
-substrate id use ceramic tile, especially for a baby. stay away from carpet as much as possible.
-you want a couple hides
-an infared temp gun
-an exotic vet close by
-temps at 100-110°F in basking
-ambient 80-90°F
-humidity shouldn’t exceed 55% but dont worry too much if its a little bit higher, a theory with all animals is if you keep the humidity/temps constant its a lot easier on them health and stress wise if you just leave it be rather than fighting with it and it constantly fluctuating.

if you are capable id recommend building your tank rather than buying it, it will cost more but you can make any size (4’x2’x2’) at the very least, my theory is buy once cry once!

i know theres a lot more but its all i can think of currently. based on your name are you in the cleveland are by chance? if so i can help you source a good enclosure

CLEsteamer77

Bearded Dragon Egg
-heat bulb (you can get a halogen flood bulb for cheaper, i dont know wattage or anything because ive never used one but a lot of people recommend them.)
-a tube uvb bulb, you want it to cover at the very least half of the tank. you want a t5 if its going on top of the tank, a t8 if it goes on the inside.
-some perches and stuff for them to climb on
-substrate id use ceramic tile, especially for a baby. stay away from carpet as much as possible.
-you want a couple hides
-an infared temp gun
-an exotic vet close by
-temps at 100-110°F in basking
-ambient 80-90°F
-humidity shouldn’t exceed 55% but dont worry too much if its a little bit higher, a theory with all animals is if you keep the humidity/temps constant its a lot easier on them health and stress wise if you just leave it be rather than fighting with it and it constantly fluctuating.

if you are capable id recommend building your tank rather than buying it, it will cost more but you can make any size (4’x2’x2’) at the very least, my theory is buy once cry once!

i know theres a lot more but its all i can think of currently. based on your name are you in the cleveland are by chance? if so i can help you source a good enclosure

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!
Yeah, I saw how much they are. They’re pretty pricey. We want to build ours. We have a old TV set up we aren’t using and it’s wide enough to fit 3 Bearded dragons but we are only getting 1.
Actually my name is my gamer tag on Xbox live so it just stuck. My initials are CLE. Haha I live in Dallas, TX.

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!
Yeah, I saw how much they are. They’re pretty pricey. We want to build ours. We have a old TV set up we aren’t using and it’s wide enough to fit 3 Bearded dragons but we are only getting 1.
Actually my name is my gamer tag on Xbox live so it just stuck. My initials are CLE. Haha I live in Dallas, TX.

couple basic things that are the most important: NO coil uvb, NO sand, make sure everything is sealed properly, ventilation, NO mealworms, and stray away from lettuce as much as possible

CLEsteamer77

Bearded Dragon Egg
couple basic things that are the most important: NO coil uvb, NO sand, make sure everything is sealed properly, ventilation, NO mealworms, and stray away from lettuce as much as possible

Again, thank you so much for your help! I’ll make sure I get everything I need for the little guy.

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Again, thank you so much for your help! I’ll make sure I get everything I need for the little guy.

check out a breeder named South Texas Dragons. i purchased a hognose from him a year ago and hes cool to deal with, he builds custom enclosures and being that youre in texas you might be able to pick it up if you go that route. he breeds dragons aswell (usually morphs) but theyre brumating right now so hes not selling any til spring.

EDIT: hes in san antonio, that might be a bit far

CLEsteamer77

Bearded Dragon Egg
It’s ok, thank you for all the information you’ve given me. It has really helped. What are your opinions on food, snacks, bugs. I used to have one but it’s been a long time on what is good or bad for them. I very much appreciate you taking the time to reply to me.